26s and wooble ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
memphizhoe

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Just gotta get a tire guy that knows what he’s doing to balance big wheels. Gotta have experience

The second shop that balanced them was a custom wheels shop . I think I’m just gonna take it to a shop and try to explain my situation and see if the can check it out and see if I have a bad part or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
The second shop that balanced them was a custom wheels shop . I think I’m just gonna take it to a shop and try to explain my situation and see if the can check it out and see if I have a bad part or something.

It took me like 7 tire guys at different shops to find one that actually knew what he was doing

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep it took me 3 shops. The first 1 said they were balanced but they didn't feel balanced and a weight fell off in my driveway the day after. The third said that the last shop I used had actually made them worse by adding weights where they shouldn't have. I got my money back from the first 2. I watched the first shop and they struggled with their machine, and it was a new one. It just wasn't made for big wheels.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yep it took me 3 shops. The first 1 said they were balanced but they didn't feel balanced and a weight fell off in my driveway the day after. The third said that the last shop I used had actually made them worse by adding weights where they shouldn't have. I got my money back from the first 2. I watched the first shop and they struggled with their machine, and it was a new one. It just wasn't made for big wheels.
Gotta be careful with some of these shops. They can mess up a rim by trying to force a tire on the rim.

OP
OP
memphizhoe

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Gotta be careful with some of these shops. They can mess up a rim by trying to force a tire on the rim.

I’ve been doing some thinking . When I installed the stock stuff I didn’t use the tool for the keys. Before putting the stock stuff back on both my adjustment bolts were a lot more even ( not completely even but close) . Do y’all think it is possible since one of the torsion bars is almost completely backed off that it may be making my suspension loose and causing the control arm to bounce around ? Kind of like a worn out strut ? Sorry for all the questions, lol. I’m just trying to brain storm before I take into a shop and they suggest fixing stuff that is irrelevant.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, tell me about it. I had a helluva time finding a shop to mount a 26" motorcycle tire and when I did I watched the guy scratch my $3000 rim. I always watch when my tires are being mounted. If they don't let me watch they don't touch my rims.

OP
OP
memphizhoe

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Stupid question but did you have an alignment done after replacing the suspension components?

Yeah I did but I’m not 100 percent sure it was done correctly. My steering wheel is cocked to the 10 o’clock position after the alignment .

OP
OP
memphizhoe

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Oh yeah, tell me about it. I had a helluva time finding a shop to mount a 26" motorcycle tire and when I did I watched the guy scratch my $3000 rim. I always watch when my tires are being mounted. If they don't let me watch they don't touch my rims.

Dude I’d loose my shit for real if that happened lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n