24s or 22s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 24s with a Belltech 3/4 drop. I have some rubbing but nothing that bothers me too much. I've also massaged the fender liners a bit; before that there was significantly more rubbing...
SDC11041.jpg

Super clean looking Denali man.. Nicely done:Handshake:

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
It would really be up to you.. I've got 24" and love them. I was actually thinking of 26"s! I'm glad I didn't tho.. but I'm also glad I didn't go with 22". There's nothing wrong with 22s at all, but I was set on 24s to begin with.

As far as rubbing or issues: I did have some serious rubbing at first. Especially when backing up and turning. But I went in and trimmed the spots that were causing the most issues. It will still rub every now and then but I kind of like it. It reminds me that I've got 24s! Now you say you have a newer Yukon, since mine's a 2000 the body and wheel well are different. I did have issues with breaking and turning for awhile. I actually brought it into a dealer and they told me, "Your car can't stop what-so-ever. It actually scares me to drive it." So after talking with them, they basically wanted me to take them off in order to fix the problem. YEAH RIGHT!! That's the last thing I would do. And I told him that!

So I decided to try and fix it with some mods. I upgraded the shocks to Rancho XL with that MyRide system, and added a steering stabilizer. I also changed my breaks to a ceramic pad. These helped a lot. My ride is great and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't mean to ramble on.. I just wanted to put my two cents in. My personal opinion would be to get the 24"s. Now I've never had 22s so I can't really compare, but it is hard to get 22s, put them on, and then think.. I want bigger. Lol. But the 22s would be nice if you are looking for that upgraded look without too much strain on the truck. But, all in all.. It's your move. I've got friends with 22s and they love them. They say they couldn't imagine driving on 24s everyday. But then I think, I couldn't drive on anything less!

I hope this helps, if you've got any other questions feel free to pm me. I'm glad to help anyone when it comes to rims.
Let us know which ones you end up choosing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84