2023 Yukon Denali mats/cargo liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question. Do most/some folks add more velcro to the cargo liners for extra grip to the carpet?

KSweet

Reaction score
I have been looking back at some of the older threads on this topic, and am wondering if anyone has purchased/installed these mats recently? I have mats at the dealer that I negotiated as part of my purchase price. Dealer installation is included. Unfortunately the dealer can't get me to the service dept in until 11-1. My question is: Should I just do this install myself? Is there likely a benefit to waiting to have the dealer do the install? Has the quality of these mats/liners improved any?
So, I got mine as part of my purchase and they installed them - is it on your window sticker or a separate line item on the order? If it’s part of the window sticker they will install and you do NOT get carpet ones (they don’t ship them with it) as a backup set. If it’s an extra line item added after arrival then you should get the carpet as backups. Just FYI. I would let them install, it’s not complicated but it doesn’t hurt either.

Do you have the vehicle already?

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got mine as part of my purchase and they installed them - is it on your window sticker or a separate line item on the order? If it’s part of the window sticker they will install and you do NOT get carpet ones (they don’t ship them with it) as a backup set. If it’s an extra line item added after arrival then you should get the carpet as backups. Just FYI. I would let them install, it’s not complicated but it doesn’t hurt either.

Do you have the vehicle already?
yes, I already have the vehicle. I negotiated the instaled mats in the purchase price. But when the mats came in, it was going to be a week before they could install them as the service dept is backed up... So I did it myself last night. It took 20 min easy peasy, but I do think I need extra velcro on the back on the third row seat backs to hold them on..

KSweet

Reaction score
Another question. Do most/some folks add more velcro to the cargo liners for extra grip to the carpet?

yes, I already have the vehicle. I negotiated the instaled mats in the purchase price. But when the mats came in, it was going to be a week before they could install them as the service dept is backed up... So I did it myself last night. It took 20 min easy peasy, but I do think I need extra velcro on the back on the third row seat backs to hold them on..
Nice! I'm thinking of putting double sided carpet tape for my back mat. I do really love the mats overall though!!

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm thinking of putting double sided carpet tape for my back mat. I do really love the mats overall though!!
I have a little concern about adding tape or more velcro. It is nice to be able to remove the mats for cleaning. If you have a bunch of tape or velcro, every time you remove the mats you will be pulling up some of the carpet..

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a little concern about adding tape or more velcro. It is nice to be able to remove the mats for cleaning. If you have a bunch of tape or velcro, every time you remove the mats you will be pulling up some of the carpet..
The only place i used velcro is in the back floor liner in cargo area. I have yet had a need to pull the mat off. I have cleaned up the inside several times the cargo area keeps clean underneath them. Even the other floor mats has done well keeping dirt and debris from getting under them. Yes Velcro can pull at the carpet, but it n my use case if i pull the mats off once a year, and then out them back when done cleaning then the carpet pull isnt a big deal as if\when i sell this vehicle in 9 or 10 years the mats will go with the vehicle as they wont fit elsewhere.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's denali has the gm mats; the cargo area mats are nearly useless for 2 reasons:
1) doesn't stay attached to the 3rd row seat back
2) when laid down you can't slide a heavy object from the back to the front (loading large suitcases for example) as the suitcase catches the hinge part of the mat and you can't slide it over the hinge (sliding back to front, front to back is fine)

dealer installed and have reinstalled twice; have since given up on the rear cargo mat

KSweet

Reaction score
I haven't yet, but I guess you're trading one annoying thing for another - either they stick but are harder to clean under or they don't stick but slide all over in use and can be clean under :) I'm not sure what I'll decide, it's too bad they don't fit more snug (I heard older models did). I like how the 2nd and 3rd row ones lock into each other.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I put them in last night. I would agree with the others. first row, second row and third row good, cargo mat is meh.. One question I have is why is there no mat/protector for the back of the second row seats?? when you lay them all down, the second row is unprotected. Does anyone offer protector for this? It would not be needed that often, but occasionally?
If you are hauling something that you think will damage/stain the seat backs, flip them up so they are not exposed...then the floor liner that is under the seat will handle the issue for you.

mummer43

Reaction score
I agree with others that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd row floor liners are great. I personally rarely use the 3rd row seats.. so I found the GM cargo liner kinda annoying. I went with a WeatherTech cargo liner, which is much better for my needs. The cocoa color goes pretty well with the teak interior.
My only issue with the Weathertech cargo liner is that I have to choose which configuration I want. Most of the time the third row will be flat, but there will be times when we use the third row. If I buy the liner that covers the cargo are with the third row flat it will not work when I need to use the third row which will end up being a huge pain in the ass. I like that the OEM cargo liner addresses this issue have read that the quality is lacking. Are there any other manufacturers that address this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts