Discolored or faded cargo side panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for others that may be having the same problem I am having with discoloring/fading of the rear cargo panels on my 2023 Yukon XL Denali with Light Shale interior.
Noticed some slight discoloring when we purchased up the vehicle in April, and informed the dealer, at which time they ordered new panels. These new panels had the same problem, so were returned.
While waiting for the next set we noticed significant discoloring startin20230828_154748.jpg20230828_154733.jpgg to occur (see pics).
Has anyone else had problems with discoloration? How did you remedy it?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's crazy. I'd bet anything that something was rubbed on (rubbing against) those spots.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree something caused those faded areas on the surface of your interior panels and it doesn't appear to be caused by the sun. If it were from the sun it would be a large gradual area of discoloration.

Those type of marks are small and isolated from either direct contact from something; a liquid chemical, an object rubbing against it while driving down the road.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say probably an abrasion, but zooming in the photos look like a bleach or dye, so I would agree it was a chemical.

You can always scuff up that area and spray it with that plastic spray bomb product. Just mark the surroundings area. Try to blend it or spray to the next edge so new color matches somewhat. It's in the trunk, so probably not too critical step on the blending.

I did a small repair to a rear door panel and front seat side plastic and turned out nicely, Duplicolor product.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It almost appears as though the coloring in the plastic didn't set right in the forming process. I say this because you can see swirls, streaks, etc thar shown up around and through the piece. I'm sure exposure to air and sunlight made it fade. Or, whatever color fasting they do and/or UV protection may have not mixed or cured properly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz