2023 Calipers, Rotors Brakes onto 2015 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I found a set of 2023 Suburban brakes, rotors, and calipers that are brand new. I'm wondering if they'll swap onto my 2015 Yukon XL. Its about to be brake time and I might be hauling my wife's car for 1800 or so miles (07' STI) so I want to make sure I'm not worried about braking at all.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read through this thread:
If the latest gen brakes can be retrofitted to a GMT800 suv than I’d be willing to be they can be retrofitted to a K2 platform suv.

OP
OP
NewbWrench

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the latest gen brakes can be retrofitted to a GMT800 suv than I’d be willing to be they can be retrofitted to a K2 platform suv.
I actually read through this a bit but it didn't really say that the '23 calipers, rotors, brakes were a direct bolt on swap without spacers. I have OEM 20s.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually read through this a bit but it didn't really say that the '23 calipers, rotors, brakes were a direct bolt on swap without spacers. I have OEM 20s.
Well that’s because “technically” it isn’t a bolt on upgrade because of the washers. It’s not a cut and dry “here’s the parts slap them on and go” type of modification. Some trucks need the spacer washers and some don’t from what I understood after reading through that thread. It seems that the genera consensus is that needing the washers or not isn’t the same for all trucks.

OP
OP
NewbWrench

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well today I gave it my best shot and I figured out that the calipers are so big that I'm going to need some kind of spacer underneath a wheel in order to get it to fit and not hit the rim.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I gave it my best shot and I figured out that the calipers are so big that I'm going to need some kind of spacer underneath a wheel in order to get it to fit and not hit the rim.
What size wheel do you have and how big of a spacer?

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And do you have any pics?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing that situation presented itself due to offset of your wheel.

OP
OP
NewbWrench

NewbWrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And do you have any pics?
They're 22 inch GMC wheels but aren't the OEM wheels. It came like that. I'm guessing I need a 1/4 inch but I have to measure. The wheel wouldn't go back on because the calipers were too large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879