2020 Tahoe LT build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings yall!

So I just recently sold my 2019 Raptor and have now taken over my wife’s Tahoe. I’ve been lurking here for the last few weeks…

I just purchased the Cognito Elite kit.
Can anyone out there with this set up let me know what’s the largest size tires I can put? I’m seeing 295 as the highest, however I thought I read about a few people running 305.

What off set are you guys running? I’m seeing some with a 0 or +18

And lastly, I have also read about some people adding a ready lift 1” spacer in the rear to maintain the rake. Any input would be appreciated.

I do not intend to tow, however we often camp and I carry gear regularly.

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpeg
    IMG_6367.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 33

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the 3" kit with fox 2.0 shocks? If so, I recommend a 1.5" extended link on the lower rear shocks and clearancing the rear bump stops with sumo springs to match stock stops for your gear and/or option of towing a trailer because it's a tahoe. Cognito front and rear sway bar links + fresh bushings to match the factory angles would be a nice touch. You should be able to run 305 at 0 or +18 offset but may rub a little on the cognito upper control arms at full lock. Should be a nice setup though. Let me know the specifics on the elite kit if it's different than above.

OP
OP
GroceryRunnr

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that the 3" kit with fox 2.0 shocks? If so, I recommend a 1.5" extended link on the lower rear shocks and clearancing the rear bump stops with sumo springs to match stock stops for your gear and/or option of towing a trailer because it's a tahoe. Cognito front and rear sway bar links + fresh bushings to match the factory angles would be a nice touch. You should be able to run 305 at 0 or +18 offset but may rub a little on the cognito upper control arms at full lock. Should be a nice setup though. Let me know the specifics on the elite kit if it's different than above.

Fox 2.5 and rear 2.0

IMG_6634.jpeg

I did read that some people have done the 1.5 rear spacer. So it makes sense with what you’ve mentioned.

I did end up getting this exact kit and the rig is currently at my buddy’s shop getting the suspension installed. He asked me as well regarding any rear coils… Which I currently don’t have at this time.

I’ll be picking it up as is in 2 days and will end up adding a spacer to the rear in the next few weeks.

I appreciate that info you’ve shared!
Will definite consider the sumo springs and sway bar end links as well.

I ended up getting some Toyo RT 295s and a set of 17” Black Rhino’s wit 0 off set. I definitely wanted 35s but that would’ve way too much especially with only a 3” level up front.

OP
OP
GroceryRunnr

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love how this turned out!

Ended up just adding 2” coil spacers to the rear. Would’ve preferred longer coils, but the spacers were available the next day… opposed to a 3-4 day wait with coils.

Just in time for our LDW camping trip.

IMG_8343.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6663.jpeg
    IMG_6663.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 25

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking great!
Can you supply the full specs for the newly leveled ride please? ie: new parts, wheel and tire combo, etc.
Or add to your signature line? I know you have parts posted, but one spot please. That would be great for me and others...

I'm sure it's ridin' better than stock.
On the camp trip, watch out for rub on the rear side of the front wheel wells (below your side view mirrors next to the side steps). May be slight potential for rub when reversing over a dip with wheels turning, FYI...
Also, don't be afraid to cut that front air deflector. Provide a little extra front clearance. Or check out the PPV air deflector, about half the width of your current.

Have a terrific Labor Day trip

Safe Travels

OP
OP
GroceryRunnr

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking great!
Can you supply the full specs for the newly leveled ride please? ie: new parts, wheel and tire combo, etc.
Or add to your signature line? I know you have parts posted, but one spot please. That would be great for me and others...

I'm sure it's ridin' better than stock.
On the camp trip, watch out for rub on the rear side of the front wheel wells (below your side view mirrors next to the side steps). May be slight potential for rub when reversing over a dip with wheels turning, FYI...
Also, don't be afraid to cut that front air deflector. Provide a little extra front clearance. Or check out the PPV air deflector, about half the width of your current.

Have a terrific Labor Day trip

Safe Travels

Thanks! Had blast this weekend camping and hangin at the lake.

Of course!

Current build specs:

Suspension:
Cognito UCAs
3” Level w/ Fox 2.5 up front
rears Fox 2.0 + 2” coil spacers

Wheels:
Black Rhino Calico 17x8.5
0 offset 4.75 BS

Tires:
Toyo RT 295/70/17

OP
OP
GroceryRunnr

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great. Lemme know how you think it rides.

Rides great! My previous vehicle was a 2019 Raptor, so it’s definitely a hard comparison.

However, on the pavement I would say the new suspension is very plush and about 75% comparable to how my Raptor felt on the road.

I was able to put in about 600 miles with the new set up this past weekend. I tested out the adjustable dampening with the front shocks a bit. The first 300 miles was set to the softest setting which made for a very comfortable ride, however a tad bit more sway on curves with higher speeds. I had the shocks set to the middle setting for the 300 miles back home, which were more firm and made the higher speeds more controllable. I have yet to test out the firmest setting.

I’d highly recommend this kit! If not, definitely recommend the adjustable Fox 2.5s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia