2019 Z71 Pulley/Bearing Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoecrewcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently had a noise when I would cold start my 2019 Z71 Tahoe. It sounds like a pulley or bearing but would like some opinions from the group. It does not do it every time I start the vehicle and once it warms up, the sound seems to go away. I've included a YouTube video so you can see/hear the issue. Thanks all!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the belt off temporarily and see if the issue goes away. If it does, you've narrowed down the possibilities. Also with the belt off, check that idler pully by spinning it to see if there is any play or noise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently had a noise when I would cold start my 2019 Z71 Tahoe. It sounds like a pulley or bearing but would like some opinions from the group. It does not do it every time I start the vehicle and once it warms up, the sound seems to go away. I've included a YouTube video so you can see/hear the issue. Thanks all!

run by the autoparts store or harbor freight and grab a $10 stethoscope, then you can narrow it down in a couple minutes. that noise should be easy to find with a stethoscope

OP
OP
Tahoecrewcar

Tahoecrewcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a company owned vehicle, so I dropped it off at the dealership today to let them play with it. Hopefully, they can diagnose and replace whatever is causing the issue. The hard part is that the noise is not present all the time, so diagnosing could be "interesting." I've mainly noticed it on a cold start and then it goes away after a few minutes. My hope was to solve this before it worsens and leaves me stranded somewhere.

OP
OP
Tahoecrewcar

Tahoecrewcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's probably just pulleys or water pump. Nothing crazy
Winner winner! I just picked the vehicle up from the dealership and it was indeed a water pump and a tensioner pulley. They replaced both and commented that the belt was showing no wear and didn't need to be replaced even though I told them to feel free to toss one on if needed.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winner winner! I just picked the vehicle up from the dealership and it was indeed a water pump and a tensioner pulley. They replaced both and commented that the belt was showing no wear and didn't need to be replaced even though I told them to feel free to toss one on if needed.
Good idea no need to pay for labor 2x for a 20$ belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts