2017 Yukon Denali Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rlschmidt14

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
So after a lot of reading and not much learning, I took it upon myself to figure out the solution to the problems. Figured I'd share for anyone like me down the road.

1. There are THREE fog light adjustment knobs behind the housing, all of which contributed to the housing being so far out of wack. I was able to adjust them to a satisfactory position that looked flush and similar to the driver's side again. So, if you look at the pictures in my first post, you'll see that the passengers side fog housing wasn't sitting as nicely as the drivers side. That's all fixed with the fog adjustment screws (x3) behind the housing, which was best accessed from behind the fender wall in wheel well. I missed that third adjustment screw when doing the install from underneath the car.

2. The vanquish auto 12,000 lumen LED fogs were kind of difficult to get oriented properly, because the set screws didn't hold well, spinning during install, when they weren't positioned over the countersunk holes. So I installed the bulbs and adjusted the bulb orientation after that. A perfect east-west (or beams parallel to the ground) made a world of a difference and are now wildly brighter and far more effective than even the 15 degree off parallel I had before. So bright, they actually drown out the headlights. In a nutshell: The LED orientation of the bulbs is extremely critical in the fog lights. Side note: The high beams I have oriented north-south, or perpendicular to the ground, and that creates a nice bright flood when turned on. When I had the high beams oriented east-west it was more of a spot than a flood. I'd be curious to see what others did with those and why, but that's a separate discussion.

3. I think the fascia that I was concerned about popping out around the fog lights is just a bad design with GM. The plastic doesn't all fit snugly and perfectly, therefore that fog fascia has a little room to wiggle and ultimately doesn't snap in perfectly. I think I'll have to live with that little gap since I'm likely the only person in the world to notice it.

4. I think I need a 50w ballast for the headlights now, since the fogs are so bright! I replaced he headlight bulbs with the Osram D3S 5500K bulbs and they all match perfectly now.

Last edited:

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a lot of reading and not much learning, I took it upon myself to figure out the solution to the problems. Figured I'd share for anyone like me down the road.

1. There are THREE fog light adjustment knobs behind the housing, all of which contributed to the housing being so far out of wack. I was able to adjust them to a satisfactory position that looked flush and similar to the driver's side again. So, if you look at the pictures in my first post, you'll see that the passengers side fog housing wasn't sitting as nicely as the drivers side. That's all fixed with the fog adjustment screws (x3) behind the housing, which was best accessed from behind the fender wall in wheel well. I missed that third adjustment screw when doing the install from underneath the car.

2. The vanquish auto 12,000 lumen LED fogs were kind of difficult to get oriented properly, because the set screws didn't hold well, spinning during install, when they weren't positioned over the countersunk holes. So I installed the bulbs and adjusted the bulb orientation after that. A perfect east-west (or beams parallel to the ground) made a world of a difference and are now wildly brighter and far more effective than even the 15 degree off parallel I had before. So bright, they actually drown out the headlights. In a nutshell: The LED orientation of the bulbs is extremely critical in the fog lights. Side note: The high beams I have oriented north-south, or perpendicular to the ground, and that creates a nice bright flood when turned on. When I had the high beams oriented east-west it was more of a spot than a flood. I'd be curious to see what others did with those and why, but that's a separate discussion.

3. I think the fascia that I was concerned about popping out around the fog lights is just a bad design with GM. The plastic doesn't all fit snugly and perfectly, therefore that fog fascia has a little room to wiggle and ultimately doesn't snap in perfectly. I think I'll have to live with that little gap since I'm likely the only person in the world to notice it.

4. I think I need a 50w ballast for the headlights now, since the fogs are so bright! I replaced he headlight bulbs with the Osram D3S 5500K bulbs and they all match perfectly now.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, now i can see that the vanquishauto 12000 leds are the brightest ones then, i will be getting those very soon!

Can you post images with the vanquishauto fog lights leds?

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see pictures of the vanquishauto leds , please show some!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE