2017 Yukon Denali Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
i bought led fogs (vanquish 12,000 lumen LEDs) and tried to adjust the lights after install, but passenger side got way out of whack. What do the two adjustment screws do and which direction does what? I've searched high and low with no luck.

Also, it appears that the fog housing doesn't sit flush on that side either, unlike the drivers side. I can stick my finger between the clear front of the fog housing and the back of the bumper cutout for the fogs on the passenger side. It's all flush on drivers side. Also, that fog cutout doesn't click in all the way either. I took off the panel and tried to reinstall but it just won't sit flush and snap in cleanly like the drivers side.

Anyone have similar issue? Not sure if it's my doing or I just didn't notice it until today. It's a brand new truck, only 500 miles on it, so I can always take back to dealer. I know this is a bit ****, but hot dayum this is a $75k truck, why would the fascia not sit cleanly?!

PS- By the way, huge difference in orientation of LEDs (north south versus east west). I read in other thread people mentioned potential differences, and I can confirm that east west orientation is way more effective for fogs. That orientation doesn't matter as much for high beams, which I actually went with the north south orientation for those. (Yes, I tried all options). Sorry, no pictures as I didn't have a good location to do installs AND take photos. Just take my word.

Photos:

IMG_2811.jpg IMG_2812.jpg IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg

Last edited:

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought led fogs (vanquish 12,000 lumen LEDs) and tried to adjust the lights after install, but passenger side got way out of whack. What do the two adjustment screws do and which direction does what? I've searched high and low with no luck.

Also, it appears that the fog housing doesn't sit flush on that side either, unlike the drivers side. I can stick my finger between the clear front of the fog housing and the back of the bumper cutout for the fogs on the passenger side. It's all flush on drivers side. Also, that fog cutout doesn't click in all the way either. I took off the panel and tried to reinstall but it just won't sit flush and snap in cleanly like the drivers side.

Anyone have similar issue? Not sure if it's my doing or I just didn't notice it until today. It's a brand new truck, only 500 miles on it, so I can always take back to dealer. I know this is a bit ****, but hot dayum this is a $75k truck, why would the fascia not sit cleanly?!

PS- By the way, huge difference in orientation of LEDs (north south versus east west). I read in other thread people mentioned potential differences, and I can confirm that east west orientation is way more effective for fogs. That orientation doesn't matter as much for high beams, which I actually went with the north south orientation for those. (Yes, I tried all options). Sorry, no pictures as I didn't have a good location to do installs AND take photos. Just take my word.

Photos:

View attachment 79328 View attachment 79329 View attachment 79331
View attachment 79330
I know if you contact them, they will tell you what to do, they know very well their products and when i had a question with my led headlights, they reply me right away, you should contact them, they are really nice people to work with, never had such a good service like the one they provided me!

beachcomber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have a hell of a time installing that far our screw as well? Man that was a bear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a hell of a time installing that far our screw as well? Man that was a bear.

I believe headlights are not the same as fog lights installation. I am just telling you what i did when i had some questions, thanks

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

also can you tell me how nice the 12000 lumens are? I have their previous version 9000 lumens.

OP
OP
rlschmidt14

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I think you guys are misunderstanding. This isn't about the vanquish auto lights this is about the fog light housing and fascia that surrounds the fog light. It's a GMC thing. I'm curious about the TWO adjustment screws for the fog lights too. Anyone?

12000 lumens seem nice. I have nothing to compare to unfortunately. Fog lights are for looks, not as much utility as I always wish.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971

Photos:

View attachment 79328 View attachment 79329 View attachment 79331
View attachment 79330
Hello. Thanks for posting here that you have some questions too. Our adjuster is for you to be able to adjust the led lights beam pattern. From what I'm seeing, there is no adjustment made yet, you must adjust them and you will see the results.
My name is Mark, I'm one of the techicins agent at vanquishauto, you an always contact us for any questions you may have. Thanks

OP
OP
rlschmidt14

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
My question isn't about the LEDs! It's about the fog light HOUSING and the two adjustment screws. Is anyone actually reading the posts?!

damitchell

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with mine but not as bad.... going off of memory from months ago... I think the housing sorta floats so to say behind the bumper right? I used a firm hand and just forced the housing where I wanted it and it stayed in place... I am certain there is a break point though so be careful... Let me know what you find or if Im off point to your question...

OP
OP
rlschmidt14

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with mine but not as bad.... going off of memory from months ago... I think the housing sorta floats so to say behind the bumper right? I used a firm hand and just forced the housing where I wanted it and it stayed in place... I am certain there is a break point though so be careful... Let me know what you find or if Im off point to your question...

Yes that's along the lines of my concerns. One fog light housing is nice and flush and the other is not. Also, my other question along these same lines has to do with the two adjustment screws BEHIND the fog lights and how they effect the fog's beam aiming.