2017 Seats are not for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmad1

Reaction score
Recently purchased a '17 LT. Traded off the 2012 LT. The seats in this one are hard and not comfortable. I can not lower the seat enough or tilt it forward enough to be comfortable. The back of the seat is also hard. The '12 had nice cozy cushy seats. Wish I had of driven it when we bought it instead of letting the wife pick it out. But in the end, it is her car. Even my Vette has more comfortable seating.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 seats are more supportive, but harder. My 2010 seats were like sitting on the sofa, ZERO lateral grip.

But my 2010 heated/cooled seats were a lot better, you can instantly feel the hot air, but my 2017 seats take forever to warm up.

The 2017 seats seem thinner, which gives the passengers more leg room.

Both of mine are escalades, and I do not know if the seats vary between that and the others of the same platform. But I will say I much prefer driving my 2017, so the 2010 has been neglected lately.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a '17 LT. Traded off the 2012 LT. The seats in this one are hard and not comfortable. I can not lower the seat enough or tilt it forward enough to be comfortable. The back of the seat is also hard. The '12 had nice cozy cushy seats. Wish I had of driven it when we bought it instead of letting the wife pick it out. But in the end, it is her car. Even my Vette has more comfortable seating.

Yep. The nnbs seats (along with the ride if you have MRC) are rock hard.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nbs ftw........................again.

Lol. No chance.

There are some issues with the NNBS but I wouldn't trade it back in for my old Tahoe for anything.

That thing was a dinosaur (and had its own fair share of quirks).

OP
OP
D

dmad1

Reaction score
Like the old saying "If the wife is happy, I am happy". I see a Ford pickup in my future instead of a Chevy. But for now, I love my Vette.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coincidently and FWIW I went down to watch the Super Bowl w/ my brother Sun. and learned that he is seeing a physical therapist for his neck. Seems that he recently bought a new Sierra and, ever since, he's had an aching neck! I don't know if the seats are the same but add this to the discussion. He's considering getting rid of it for a Ford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts