2016 rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tsb 17-NA-166. Had mine done. 95% better

Some customers may comment about a rough idle and/or vibration at idle in Drive.

This condition may be most noticeable following extended driving, after hard acceleration, while idling at a stop in Drive.

May feel like a lopey or lumpy idle, or may be described as a low idle.

This condition will not be present in Park or Neutral. (There have been a few cases for rough idle in Reverse.)

Note: There will not be any DTCs with this concern.

If the rough idle / vibration concern frequency is E1.5 in the horizontal / lateral direction with Pico sensor mounted in seat track as indicated below – continue with steps to install updated design engine mounts and settle both engine and trans mounts to reduce amplitude (mg) / eliminate ground out within the engine mounts for vehicles built prior to engine mount breakpoint. For vehicles built after breakpoint, follow Shimming Procedure for Engine Mount Vibration/Grounding after Mount Replacement.

SO THE DEALERSHIP NEEDS TO EITHER PUT SHIMS OR REPLACE THE ENGINE MOUNTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tsb 17-NA-166. Had mine done. 95% better

Some customers may comment about a rough idle and/or vibration at idle in Drive.

This condition may be most noticeable following extended driving, after hard acceleration, while idling at a stop in Drive.

May feel like a lopey or lumpy idle, or may be described as a low idle.

This condition will not be present in Park or Neutral. (There have been a few cases for rough idle in Reverse.)

Note: There will not be any DTCs with this concern.

If the rough idle / vibration concern frequency is E1.5 in the horizontal / lateral direction with Pico sensor mounted in seat track as indicated below – continue with steps to install updated design engine mounts and settle both engine and trans mounts to reduce amplitude (mg) / eliminate ground out within the engine mounts for vehicles built prior to engine mount breakpoint. For vehicles built after breakpoint, follow Shimming Procedure for Engine Mount Vibration/Grounding after Mount Replacement.

SO THE DEALERSHIP NEEDS TO EITHER PUT SHIMS OR REPLACE THE ENGINE MOUNTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone had success with this without much pushback from the dealer?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rough idle slowly came back. I think the vibration kills the motor mounts. So I just raised the idle to 600 and it’s gone. I would have just done that from the beginning instead of having them fool with the mounts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts