2016 rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2015 Tahoe that was doing this exact same thing, it was so bad the dealership bought it back. I then purchased a 2016 Tahoe that is having the rough idle issue!! GM said replace the motor mounts, I'm 1,100 miles out of warranty so I have to pay out of my pocket for the motor mounts. Is this a sure fix? The dealership says probably not. I have been going back and forth with GM about this and they refuse to be of any assistance to me. Possible Lemon Law case here, maybe even class action lawsuit. GM is aware of this issue and can't get their acts together to fix the problem.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the rough idle on my 16 Hoe but not everyday..I generally get it when I am in gridlock..With that said every vehicle I have owned has had rough idle here and there..Have not been to the dealer yet..At least not yet anyway.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geri, SSMC I went through this with my 2015 with different issues and ended up doing a successful Lemon Law as have many others. What I learned was GM is not your friend and they don't care about you as you are just a number. I even wrote the CEO of the Chevrolet Division after multiple GM purchases and did not even warrant the decency of a return response. Also I would hire a Lemon Law attorney which in most states you do not pay for as there fee is part of the Lemon Law settlement. Just do a Google search in your area for Lemon Law attorney. Do not let them wear you down or try to discourage you or intimidate you as they will. Good luck.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2015 Tahoe that was doing this exact same thing, it was so bad the dealership bought it back. I then purchased a 2016 Tahoe that is having the rough idle issue!! GM said replace the motor mounts, I'm 1,100 miles out of warranty so I have to pay out of my pocket for the motor mounts. Is this a sure fix? The dealership says probably not. I have been going back and forth with GM about this and they refuse to be of any assistance to me. Possible Lemon Law case here, maybe even class action lawsuit. GM is aware of this issue and can't get their acts together to fix the problem.
I’ve been dealing with the dealership for about a month now with the rough idle issue... they replaced 2 motor mounts and it still has the rough idle, especially at gridlock traffic.... I’ve had my truck for a little over a year and this rough idle situation started about 2 months ago... it’s definitely annoying... it’s now back at the dealership, the service manager is telling me that it’s nothing else they can do but I refuse to take my truck back with that problem. I have no clue what to do next but maybe start sending emails to corporate in Detroit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vishnu619

Reaction score
I had this issues on my 2015 and the dealership said there was nothing they could do. I purchased a catch can and cleaned the intake, throttle body etc. and the issue went away. Seems to be the oil being put back through the system clogs it up and causes the rough idle. May not work for everyone but it did me. The dealership had also offered their service to clean in the intake system for $200 bucks, better investment to get a catch can imo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Geri Martin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input! Tahoe14, I did not realize that I didn't have to pay the Lemon Law lawyer up front, so I will start making calls on Monday!

This is so frustrating. I put a lot down to keep a low payment since I have two kids in college and my youngest is autistic. The dealership tried to bring me in and show me how 'underwater' I was in my current lease and that to get into something comparable I would have to go from a $300/month to a $900/month payment!

SSMC, I am with you on the Class Action part. I'm submitting a case on classaction.com.

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now!

Geri Martin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been dealing with the dealership for about a month now with the rough idle issue... they replaced 2 motor mounts and it still has the rough idle, especially at gridlock traffic.... I’ve had my truck for a little over a year and this rough idle situation started about 2 months ago... it’s definitely annoying... it’s now back at the dealership, the service manager is telling me that it’s nothing else they can do but I refuse to take my truck back with that problem. I have no clue what to do next but maybe start sending emails to corporate in Detroit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had motor mounts and transmission mounts replaced, and it's still there.

SSMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input! Tahoe14, I did not realize that I didn't have to pay the Lemon Law lawyer up front, so I will start making calls on Monday!

This is so frustrating. I put a lot down to keep a low payment since I have two kids in college and my youngest is autistic. The dealership tried to bring me in and show me how 'underwater' I was in my current lease and that to get into something comparable I would have to go from a $300/month to a $900/month payment!

SSMC, I am with you on the Class Action part. I'm submitting a case on classaction.com.

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now!
It's really frustrating that is what it's come down to. I have been in touch with a lawyer and will keep you posted. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B