2016+ GM INDEPENDENT Intake Testing- Black Bear Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, there are only actual dyno results for a couple of these. The rest are general statements or manufacturer estimates.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are dyno graphs for each of the intakes, nothing is a manufacturer estimate.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So out of these is there one that BlackBear will say performed the best. (I did look at the results but you guy have a different perspective than what we get.)

For example, recommendation of one with or with out a tune.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So out of these is there one that BlackBear will say performed the best. (I did look at the results but you guy have a different perspective than what we get.)

For example, recommendation of one with or with out a tune.

Based on the data and results, the guys would NOT recommend a Volant without a tune. With a tune, it may have been as powerful or more than the others, but that comparison was not made (would have taken days to get that completed for each intake). The engine was pinging audibly with that intake and driving around, throttle response would have been very "off". The aFe and full Airaid systems performed very well and had great fit/finish and would be the top two contenders, with or without a tune.

paulb55

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually just scrolled down on the AFE site after typing. sorry.
Now as soon as the wife gets her new ride, I can get this :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4