2015i Yukon XL Denali - Stutter, Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcrandall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a new 2015 Yukon denali last month and have the same stutter/ hesitation with mine. I came from a 2012 yukon xl 5.3 so was wondering if it was something unique to the denali. I did notice it seemed better when in auto 4wd, but then kept hearing a strange noise that is apparently a whole other issue.

Makai2200

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought my first brand new vehicle. Its a 2015 Yukon Denali. I've also noticed this its slightly noticeable because its intermittent. I assumed it was just cuz its being broken in. I checked NHTSA and theres 5 recalls so far. I have just over 700 miles on it and the majority of those are going to the dealer (34 mile round trip)
I have a feeling this sharp looking vehicle is gonna be a thorn in my side in the months to come
Code:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults;jsessionid=c3BJWhxNvNL47bpYfhGyJTv3l3nLmT1Rd7800vHW9GpR1ZVQTQLt!-721696947?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=YUKON&stats=1971434%2C5%2C0%2C31%2C17%2CYUKON&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=%2Fdownloads%2Ffolders%2F&searchCriteria.model_yr=2015&searchCriteria.make=GMC&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1971434

SoCal92883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started having hesitation issue this past month.

Replaced Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, 2 min job, and immediate fix of problem, and more smooth throttle response--overall!

Used a GM part, about $40 on Amazon.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really. I need to try that. Where is the MAF sensor located?

Daniel Barrett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got 11k miles on it. For the last 10k miles it has stuttered during acceleration. It's fine if I really get on the throttle but in normal acceleration it stutters. It's almost like it has a miss. I have also noticed a decline in my gas mileage. It has gotten more severe with more miles. Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts? Going to the dealer next week but I am guessing I will have better luck here. Thank you.

I have a 2002 Yukon 2wd with the 5.3l flex fuel engine. Mine had a similar issue when I'd stomp on the gas it would hesitate and backfire. I took it to AutoZone and had the scan the codes. I don't remember the exact codes but one was for a random misfire and two others for bank 1 and bank 2 lean fuel mixture. After doing a little research I replaced the fuel filter and the pump. Turns out that these fuel pumps don't just go bad and quit working completely. Sometimes they run but with minimal pressure. After replacing those two items it runs like a ***** ape. Stomp on the gas now and she just goes. Hope this helps you. I ordered the fuel pump from Amazon and got it the same day.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I like the romp and stomp diagnostic method. The weak fuel pump issues plague GM SUV. Next time someone takes a tech for a test drive, do it like bad grampa and scare the shit out them. Floor it, emergency stops, hard turns.

They’ll find a way to never be in your vehicle again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts