2015 Yukon Denali 8" system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh... well you can always swap out the HMI rather than pay lol I mean I get you dont want to but its super easy and I think will get you where you want to go ;)

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
It's really super easy to swap out the HMI and I did and didn't think that I could! Just pull,it out and swap out the wires. It's just finding it which took me a minute and you just pull it out. If I can do it trust me you can too just take your time and if you have any questions and you can text MVI with immediate response from him or you pm me or ask on this forum and I'll gladly walk you through it!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
It's really super easy to swap out the HMI and I did and didn't think that I could! Just pull,it out and swap out the wires. It's just finding it which took me a minute and you just pull it out. If I can do it trust me you can too just take your time and if you have any questions and you can text MVI with immediate response from him or you pm me or ask on this forum and I'll gladly walk you through it!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I guess in all honesty, I don't feel like pouring more money into it, I paid closer to $60k for this vehicle (after tax/etc) and just didn't think I'd need another dime into it, never realized when I was buying a Denali that I wasn't getting everything/everything. I accepted the 20" wheels cause the 22's wouldn't fit into my garage. GMC told me I didn't the the "highest" system that comes in the Denali's either, which surprised me. I guess it's not totally worth it spending more money on it, was just hoping there was something simple and "cheap" to do about this, it is weird that GMC didn't see these "bugs" when this was created, but then again it is what it is. I'm overall happy with this vehicle/purchase (it is the most I have ever spent on a vehicle besides my recent ex-wife's 4Runner) Yesterday I moved about 2200 pounds in the back of it without much trouble/concern and that's why I have these vehicles, I own a few convenience stores that need me running to Sam's clubs and Costcos a few times a week and so far it's doing it's job. I like to spit-ball about things though so at least I'm in the know (I also operate a computer business and am involved in commodities) tech wise and anything to keep the vehicle out of any dealership's hands make me happy. LOL I appreciate threads/forums/blogs for input. If I decide to do this (which would take an act of God or a much more affordable replacement stereo) I'll reach back out.. Thank you very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76