2015 Yukon Cabin Noise Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is GM taking the stance of "its not that bad, deal with it"?

Hey its only 75k, don't worry about it.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is GM taking the stance of "its not that bad, deal with it"?

Hey its only 75k, don't worry about it.
Yep you right about lol is only 75k so will take a lost and get 2016 . this is plan B and will work perfect for me. Lol
[emoji58] [emoji562] [emoji106]

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told by the owner of the dealership that the problem had something to do with a hollow shaft they put in some of these when the original supplier didn't come through. He told me he had fixed the problem on a couple of them. No idea if its true or makes sense but thought I would pass it on. I traded in my lemon today. Very grateful for a dealer that was willing to work with me and get me out of it. Good luck to everyone else. I'm done with this mess. Such a shame.

KiwiChevrolets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gidday Mates.
I work on Chev's, GMC's and Cadi's in New Zealand ! the other week had an issue with a Yukon Denali, had a nasty droning in the cabin with the engine running windows up driving or stationary !
Any way long story short , I figured it out, it is the Active Noise Cancellation , I ended up changing the polarity on the front door speakers (swap over the + with the - wires on the speaker)
I could feel a lot of pressure coming from the door speaker , change the speaker polarity so the pressure is going into the door problem fixed !

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Hope you reported it 'up the chain' to GM? I think droning is also being reported in models without noise cancellation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiwiChevrolets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. Hope you reported it 'up the chain' to GM? I think droning is also being reported in models without noise cancellation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are independent so no chain to report up ! GM have no interest in any form of support down here ! so we use our number 8 wire tradition !

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have the actual tsb to this??? or the different tsbs???

I think one said ring and pinion to change out right?? if so im going to ask the gears be changed to 3.42s

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the same issues with my 2016 Lt. Booming and wind Noise. Been in service several times and I was given a case#. Well Gm called me today and said I dont qualify for a buyback even though service gave me a bulletin that says the issues my Tahoe is having the Gm engineers are aware of but cant fix it yet. ;(

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cotton ball fix worked for me. No more issues with ears

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879