2015 + Weld-in Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Denali Callaway SC560. I hate the magna flow muffler that Callaway put on this thing when compared to my Denali XL with a Corsa. My question is this, can I run the Corsa being that it is a 3" or am I looking for trouble? The Corsa on my 2015 Denali XL was a 3" all the way to the back. I called Corsa and they told me they only make a 3.5 inch for the pick ups. Any advice? Love the Corsa sound.

I should note my concern is air flow with the supercharger running through 3" rather than the 3.5

Being that your Callaway SC560 has a supercharger on it I would not step down to a 3" exhaust. Corsa's exhaust for the 6.2 GMC Sierra/Silverado is Part #14866. As far as I know and from looking at most other exhaust kits, in regards to length of the system for the different wheel bases the only thing that changes is in the pipe length in front of the muffler, everything behind the muffler to the exhaust tip remains the same. Why Corsa offers the 3.5" system on 6.2 Trucks and only 3.0" system on 6.2 SUV's is a question I'll never know the answer too, nor does it make any sense...

If you look on Corsa's site at the #14748 3.0" system for 5.3L Tahoe/Suburban they state a +669% increase in exhaust flow.
http://www.corsaperformance.com/vie...ake=GMC&model=Yukon XL&partnum=14748&cfg=1894

Looking at their site for #14749 3.0" system for 6.2L Yukon/YukonXL they state a +342% increase in exhaust flow (almost half the increased flow/performance gain).
http://www.corsaperformance.com/vie...ake=GMC&model=Yukon XL&partnum=14749&cfg=1897

My assumption is though there is some performance gains to be had with a 3.0" aftermarket mandrel bent exhaust system on the 6.2 SUV's the impact isn't as great when compared to an OEM 3.5" system than when upgrading from an OEM 3.0" system like on the 5.3L SUV's.

If you compare a Corsa #14866 (3.5" Sierra/Silverado kit) to the Corsa #14749 (3.0" GMC Yukon Denali System) there isn't THAT much of a difference between the routing of the pipe behind the muffler, slight difference if you look closely, but it's almost unnoticable. Putting pictures of each exhaust system side-by-side I'm fairly certain any experienced exhaust shop could get a Corsa #14866 3.5" Sierra/Silverado system to fit onto a Yukon Denali with minimal modification. Then all that's left is accepting the fact that you'll drop $1250+ on the Corsa #14866 Sierra/Silverado system and may have to cut/weld modify it to fit your Yukon Denali. But that's the only way you're going to get a 3.5" Corsa system on your Yukon Denali.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response! When I spoke to a tech guy at Corsa he told me the 3" on the Denalis and Escalades was the size that kept the interior drone down vs going 3". He also advised me to cut up a Sierra/Silverado kit if I must have the 3.5"

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of the photos posted in here are of the Magnaflow 12909 being welded in on the SWB models with the 6.2. Does anyone have any photos of the Magnaflow 12909 welded into their Yukon XL's or Escalade ESV LWB?

I'm asking because the MF 12909 is a 3.5" Center In / Offset Out I'm curious what people are doing with the additional pipe in front of the muffler since the factory muffler is offset in / offset out? Are you guys just re-using the stock pipe in front of the muffler and the muffler is now moved to the side closer to the drive shaft? Are the stock exhaust hangers in front of the muffler after the flex coupling long enough to then be attached to the new pipe location or are you welding them to the MF 12909 muffler itself?

Shadow17 you have a Yukon XL, any photos on how the exhaust pipes were ran and supported into and out of the muffler? Or any insight as to how exactly it was mounted? Any parts you needed in addition to the MF 12909 muffler?

I'm just trying to make sure I have all the parts I need before I get into a muffler shop and start cutting and installing because no muffler shops around me can bend 3.5" exhaust pipe nor do they have any instock.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on how I can make my Corsa sport exhaust a bit louder, but still keep the no-drone feature?

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Ok I don't know if this has been talked about or not. But has anyone ever put on high flow cats and did a true dual exhaust on there tahoe ppv? If so please do tell how it went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645