2015 + Weld-in Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. I think I will go with the flapper delete.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. I think I will go with the flapper delete.

That would be a good idea since it's 3" vs 3.5"
I would have to say the Magnaflow muffler paired with the AFE CAI is freaking awesome. I don't need a dyno sheet to prove its performance. It may be a placebo e ffect but I feel something good when I give it WOT and the deep sound it gives off... Its good!! As a matter a fact it blew my transmission!! 2nd tranny being installed at the dealer.

20160611_154509.jpg

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very cool! I already have the AFE installed.
Just waiting on my muffler and a foot of 3 1/2 inch stainless so I can delete the flapper. It's strange how they did the stock exhaust after the muffler with 3" exhaust pipe. I'm guessing that's for V4 mode with the flapper.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't get the Denali back until next week friday. After I get it back i'm going to the muffler shop and have them delete it as well. You drop the rear and front? I was thinking of dropping the rear a bit just to level it out. But I also was thining raising the front to level it out. Keep the 22" but put taller tires. Don't know which way I may go but leaning toward rear.

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lowered the back a couple inches to level it out as soon as I got it. It took awhile for my custom 26's, after that I lowered the front 2 inches and the back 2 more inches. It came out perfect, for me!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup. For the price can't go wtong

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the factory oem exhaust tubing made of? Is it aluminized steel? I'm asking because I'm going to eliminate the flapper and the muffler shop doesn't have 3.5" stainless tubing. He said he can use standard exhaust tubing which is aluminized steel.

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure the factory exhaust is stainless. I ordered my 304 stainless 3.5" from Summit. I also used stainless mig wire to weld it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz