2015 Denali = VERY ANNOYING Electrical "Jingle" Noise LF Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a dealer job they have to fix not us. [emoji19]

DocHolliday

Reaction score

Thanks for the link, but this is not the same issue. Many of us are experience this i the Tahoe without HUD, and only when the drive mode selector is in other than 2H position. When I drive in other modes, the noise is readily heard, the second i switch back to 2H, the noise stops. This isn't a case of something rubbing, this is something electrical.

staceyj17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you hosseface!!!

It ended up being the Transfer Case Control Module.

Probably a 1/1 million chance of this but if anyone else has the worlds most annoying noise from the LF of that dash, that is most likely the culprit.

I have been going INSANE with this noise and I actually took my 2015 Yukon Denali to the dealership. I could swear it was near the steering column but I was told, "Oh it just happens in every Denali" which means they just wanted me out of the dealership after purchasing an $80K vehicle. I'm not bitter?!?! Needless to say I'm sending them this info to hopefully help other customers being driven absolutely crazy by this noise. I have yet to try out your solution, but the noise you describe is EXACTLY how I described it to the dealership. Damn good looking vehicle... So happy I won't have to pitch another fit after only driving it a total of 20 days out of my first two months of ownership!!

WJK1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I had this issue this morning. Turns out it was my watch band making the noise.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Oh it just happens in every Denali"

The proper response to that statement is: "Oh, good. Then you know exactly what the fix is. Fabulous. I'll pick my Denali up this afternoon.?"

rozebuds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you fix it? My car makes the same noise and i want to be prepared for the conversation with the dealership? My car is a 2015 yukon slt that just had its steering coloumn replaced due to bad bearing making a clicking sound. Now ive noticed this... Not thrilled :(

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
only when the drive mode selector is in other than 2H position. When I drive in other modes, the noise is readily heard, the second i switch back to 2H, the noise stops. This isn't a case of something rubbing, this is something electrical.

THIS^

Every single 2014+ makes this noise when auto 4wd is selected.

DO NOT DRIVE IN AUTO 4WD unless conditions demand, it is not the same as AWD and it WILL ruin your front differential during normal paved driving. I have replaced front differentials as early as 17,000 miles due to the customer driving in AUTO all the time.

rozebuds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi hosseface,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you may not want to go into the dealership for this issue. If you do change your mind and find that you may need to visit your local dealership, I would be happy to assist you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Hi Jennifer,
I just took my 2015 Yukon into the dealership for this same VERY ANNOYING sound. They told me that after contacting GM technician support there was nothing they could do since the part is "functioning properly" according to GM diagnosis. I was also told they test drove several other vehicles to confirm the sound is present in those cars as well. I find it VERY frustrating that GM takes into consideration road noise cancellation but not the sounds of their own computers. I would rather hear road noise over this high pitch sound ANYDAY! I didn't spend $70k on my nice car to not use all its features. I guess the only solution is to drive in 2wd until GM decideds to fix their cars or maybe you should take Hossefaces advise and install acoustic foam over all noisy computer boxes.

like said before, once you hear it you can't unhear it :-/

Last edited:

staceyj17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM Customer Service

Hi hosseface,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you may not want to go into the dealership for this issue. If you do change your mind and find that you may need to visit your local dealership, I would be happy to assist you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Hi Jennifer-

Any idea if GM is addressing this problem with driving in 4wd? It's terribly annoying and while I have gone back to 2wd to maintain my sanity, I would like to use 4wd without going crazy when I need it.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n