2015 Denali = VERY ANNOYING Electrical "Jingle" Noise LF Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I misunderstood ... I thought it was a faulty part issue.

Have you driven around in other K2XX SUVs to confirm that it's you and not the module?

rtist2g

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I misunderstood ... I thought it was a faulty part issue.

Have you driven around in other K2XX SUVs to confirm that it's you and not the module?

I test drove a denali a few months ago and thought it might be a wiggling of parts together or something so i brushed it off. It's so minuscule that its almost like it's your imagination. but once you hear it, you can't unhear it lol.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood. :)

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the thing is, it's such a high pitched noise (like that you can sense a tv is on in the other room) That it's probably just how it is, and a very small percentage of people can actually hear it, and complain. In a few years my ears will change and i probably wont be able to hear it.

I agree. I think I pickup on these type of noises more than others. I've complained and no one else can hear it. Then there is other things I can't hear very well.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I test drove a denali a few months ago and thought it might be a wiggling of parts together or something so i brushed it off. It's so minuscule that its almost like it's your imagination. but once you hear it, you can't unhear it lol.

You can say that again. Radio on or windows down will 90% drown it out. But if you turn the radio down to make a phone call, it's very noticeable.

fszatko

Reaction score
I've noticed a similar high-pitched static/interference noise. It ONLY occurs when I have my fog lights ON and the radio tuned to an AM station. If I change the station or turn off the fog lights, the sound goes away.

Sounds similar, but different, to what was found here. Just another theory for those looking to find the annoying sounds that some of us hear.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a similar high-pitched static/interference noise. It ONLY occurs when I have my fog lights ON and the radio tuned to an AM station. If I change the station or turn off the fog lights, the sound goes away.

Sounds similar, but different, to what was found here. Just another theory for those looking to find the annoying sounds that some of us hear.

I would guess that's more of an Iinterference of some sort. Stock fogs or leds/hids?

DocHolliday

Reaction score
i have the same noise that appears to be coming from the mode select knob to the left of the steering wheel. You'r saying it's to the right of the gas peddle?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2015 Denali yesterday - LOVE IT.

However, it has one VERY VERY ANNOYING problem.

At speeds 1-70 ish - it has a electrical high frequency type noise coming from the LF of the dash. Almost sounds like 2 necklaces jingling together. It is one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard.

Anyone else heard this? The last thing I want is the grease monkeys at the dealership tearing my dash apart and breaking everything that have to remove in the process. If I had to take a guess - its either the cluster, HUD display module or something in the center stack. It sounds like one of the electrical components making the noise. Sometimes I can even replicate it sitting still. It goes away at about 70 mph and above though.

check this out

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64782&page=12

:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700