2015 Denali = VERY ANNOYING Electrical "Jingle" Noise LF Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2015 Denali yesterday - LOVE IT.

However, it has one VERY VERY ANNOYING problem.

At speeds 1-70 ish - it has a electrical high frequency type noise coming from the LF of the dash. Almost sounds like 2 necklaces jingling together. It is one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard.

Anyone else heard this? The last thing I want is the grease monkeys at the dealership tearing my dash apart and breaking everything that have to remove in the process. If I had to take a guess - its either the cluster, HUD display module or something in the center stack. It sounds like one of the electrical components making the noise. Sometimes I can even replicate it sitting still. It goes away at about 70 mph and above though.

Looks awesome though.

Attachments

• 20140510_151000.jpg
    20140510_151000.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't hear that come from mine ...

Yeah I was afraid of that. Every one I get I always get the privilege of working out the bugs.

It's very hard to describe. Like a high pitch static feedback like noise from something electronic. Hopefully it will go away on its own.

Last edited:

ojet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That high pitch sound is what happens in airplanes that develop problems with active noise canceling systems. Just a thought-

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just try to drive over 70 everywhere.

:shrug:

:lol:

This sucks. I would be so pissed. Hope you get it figured out.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be pissed. After a fee growing pains of new model years I expect some production hiccups. They will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lade

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2015 Denali yesterday - LOVE IT.

However, it has one VERY VERY ANNOYING problem.

At speeds 1-70 ish - it has a electrical high frequency type noise coming from the LF of the dash. Almost sounds like 2 necklaces jingling together. It is one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard.

Anyone else heard this? The last thing I want is the grease monkeys at the dealership tearing my dash apart and breaking everything that have to remove in the process. If I had to take a guess - its either the cluster, HUD display module or something in the center stack. It sounds like one of the electrical components making the noise. Sometimes I can even replicate it sitting still. It goes away at about 70 mph and above though.

Looks awesome though.

I thought I was the crazy one,
I had the same issue when I drove a 15 escalade.
Almost impossible to explain low frequency noise from left side of the front dash.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the crazy one,
I had the same issue when I drove a 15 escalade.
Almost impossible to explain low frequency noise from left side of the front dash.

Almost think my ears are more sensitive to this type of noise.

I've heard noises like this before and attempted to point them out to others and they always say they can't hear it.

I'm gonna try to track it when I get some time. I think it might be the HUD because it won't do it with just the key on. Has to be running. Maybe like a projector frequency type noise.

*** Edit

At this point I am almost certain it is the HUD module/screen/projector --> whatever is inside the dash that makes it happen. If I sit with the ACC on - no noise. As soon as I start the engine and the HUD fires up - I hear the noise. I have an electronic stethoscope with amplifying headphones at work. I am going to get them and listed to it and see. Will post update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: NOISE FOUND!!! NOT the HUD.( Yeah I'm excited to have found it :) )

I spent a good part of the afternoon finding that noise. I just couldn't take it anymore. The vehicle is perfect and that had to go. Like I said, I am NOT a fan of warranties and I didn't want someone using a pry-bar to tear my dash apart.

There is a 3 terminal module above the accelerator with GM Part#24269597. Google returns F-SModule.

Anyone have any idea what in the word that thing is? 100% sure the cause of the noise. I can wrap a towel around it to insulate and the noise is 100% gone.

Attachments

• 20140518_202959.jpg
    20140518_202959.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It ended up being the Transfer Case Control Module.

Probably a 1/1 million chance of this but if anyone else has the worlds most annoying noise from the LF of that dash, that is most likely the culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo