2014 Tahoe Power Steering Pulley Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainMurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had to replace power steering pulley due to it was bent. I have the new one installed but question the alignment. What is the best way to insure alignment? I don't have access to a belt laser tool. I tried a straight edge but noticed the replacement GM pulley has a different edge thickness.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought pulley was supposed to be flush to shaft.. ? wondering too i have a replacement pump to install

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to replace power steering pulley due to it was bent. I have the new one installed but question the alignment. What is the best way to insure alignment? I don't have access to a belt laser tool. I tried a straight edge but noticed the replacement GM pulley has a different edge thickness.
Needs to be bottomed out on the power steering pump shaft. There’s a tool for it made by OEM Tools. The end of the shaft will also be flush with the hub of the pulley.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a Lazer alignment kit.. but I've honestly found it more hassle then it's worth. just a thin metal ruler in the groove of one pulley to the next seems to work better. and then put the belt on and see if it runs center of the pulley. not a lot of room between the belt and the pulley edges but you should still see if it against one side and not the other.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to use a bolt with a nut and washer to push it on.. not sure I'll have the right size bolt though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM