2013 Tahoe PPV Interior & BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Give these guys a call...

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

They can probably reflash your BCM to work with the new options or it might be easier to let them flash your VIN into the LTZ BCM to allow it to communicate with your truck.

Also I don't believe the wiring for the center console will be in place in the PPV... another member on here @Ron C just added the console and was trying to convert over to the Bose amp and said he would have had to change the dash harness to make it work.

Probably best to grab all the harnesses you can while you can.

OP
OP
RodO

RodO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Give these guys a call...

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

They can probably reflash your BCM to work with the new options or it might be easier to let them flash your VIN into the LTZ BCM to allow it to communicate with your truck.

Also I don't believe the wiring for the center console will be in place in the PPV... another member on here @Ron C just added the console and was trying to convert over to the Bose amp and said he would have had to change the dash harness to make it work.

Probably best to grab all the harnesses you can while you can.
That is sort of what I was thinking and the harnesses can't be in that much of demand to command a big dollar price. Thanks a lot for the info. I think I will pick up the BCM if they don't want too much for it. This site is a wealth of information!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there to all and thank you for any responses I get on this. I am a new member and have never posted anything before. It may have been brought up before somewhere but I could not find it. I recently purchased a '13 Tahoe PPV and really like the looks but the interior not so much. I have also located a wrecked '13 LTZ that has a nice black interior with leather seats. I am going to purchase the entire interior with the seats, center console, shift lever for the tow feature, the in dash entertainment center, door panels and pretty much everything else I can get. I will also purchase the Body Control Module from the wreck. Can anyone tell me if the wiring would be in place for the center console? If I change out the shift column for the tow feature and replace the BCM from the same vehicle, will it still have to be flashed? I assume the wiring for the seats will be the same and also assume the wiring for the entertainment center in the dash would be present? I got a great deal on the PPV and have it looking good outside, with custom 17" wheels and several other things. I have also read that the PPV comes pretty much lowered 2" all the way around, but can I lower it another 2" somehow without screwing up the ride too much? Thanks again for any info and what a great forum this is!!!

For the entertainment center, in the dash, you'd need a conversion harness, also you probably want an amp.. (bose style amplifier). Also, the rear entertainment hookup is technically possible, but you'd have to replace the entire dash harness.

Ron

OP
OP
RodO

RodO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the entertainment center, in the dash, you'd need a conversion harness, also you probably want an amp.. (bose style amplifier). Also, the rear entertainment hookup is technically possible, but you'd have to replace the entire dash harness.

Ron
Thanks for the input. I have spoken with the salvage yard and they are going to get me as much of the wiring harnesses as possible, which they likely wouldn't be able to sell anyway. It does help to know some of the guys in your local yard!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have spoken with the salvage yard and they are going to get me as much of the wiring harnesses as possible, which they likely wouldn't be able to sell anyway. It does help to know some of the guys in your local yard!

Well that's definitely true, knowing people helps. I looked into it, the harness costs a few $$$, which is not the main problem. The dash harness is huge... and you pretty much have to take the complete dash apart, because EVERYTHING dash connects to it, I didn't do it because the risk of something not working after that operation was too high for me.

Figuring out how to get an OEM Nav radio to work in an SSV was research enough for me. The only other thing I am going to do is hook up a back up camera, I might look into doing something with bluetooth... maybe...

For the audio/video part I used a conversion harness and a "custom harnes" for hooking up an aftermarket Bose style amp.

If you want to use the amp from the donor vehicle, you need all harnesses, the center console one, the dsh one, and everything in between.

Ron

OP
OP
RodO

RodO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well that's definitely true, knowing people helps. I looked into it, the harness costs a few $$$, which is not the main problem. The dash harness is huge... and you pretty much have to take the complete dash apart, because EVERYTHING dash connects to it, I didn't do it because the risk of something not working after that operation was too high for me.

Figuring out how to get an OEM Nav radio to work in an SSV was research enough for me. The only other thing I am going to do is hook up a back up camera, I might look into doing something with bluetooth... maybe...

For the audio/video part I used a conversion harness and a "custom harnes" for hooking up an aftermarket Bose style amp.

If you want to use the amp from the donor vehicle, you need all harnesses, the center console one, the dsh one, and everything in between.

Ron
I think I am just going to do some custom audio and leave the stock unit in place. The unit at the rear of the console is MIA anyway and even though I could probably find one, I have a really nice aftermarket audio video unit I am going to custom install. I'll just leave my dash alone, all I will need is a few wires from my the speakers and subs and the hot and neutral. (my son is a professional at wiring) I was going to custom make a console and had bought all the materials for it, but when I found the leather interior, the console was cheap and went with it, along with the shift lever for the OD delete for towing. I'm thinking the signal lever should be fine, I've read elsewhere that the wiring is there for the tow feature on the shift lever just needs to be hooked up and possibly the BCM flashed? I also checked the website and found the $199.00 pre-flashed BCM from the VIN and you just advise what options you want included. I installed the fog lights but have them running to a separate switch right now. I'm going to drive this for a while but then selling because I need to downsize having recently retired. Insuring and taking care of 7 vehicles is too much for retirement. LOL. Thanks a lot for helping me make up my mind!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably the less expensive way, and get at least the same or a better option. I went the OEM route, just because I wanted to see if I could do it, and thought 'stock/OEM look" would be cool. But it is a lot of hassle, and the OEM GM stuff for that is not cheap. For example, I have a $150 Garmin GPS, that I think is actually better, less expensive to update maps etc. It has one advantage, it turns down the volume of the audio when the "direction lady" starts speaking. Also, the illumination fits in nicely, but I bet some after market ones do too.

I think most wiring in these vehicles is the same, except when it comes to some of the big difference. I know that the dash harness is substantially different for cars that have the entertainment system (extra video, audio etc.) At least for the 2013 vehicle year it was. The computer/BCM is the same I believethoug, at least I was told that.

I am actually looking into getting the fog lights too, I think I can just use the OEM. The running lights on my Tahoe are always on, but that's because of a "spring set switch". If you turn the switch off it just moves back (you can feel it is spring loaded) to the running lights position.

I was told by a shop that maintains these vehicles for government use, that except for all PPVs and SSVs that were used as emergency vehicles, the wiring for the fog lights is intact/factory and fog lights can be added the standard way... we'll see.

When you do your audio 'conversion' do a write up, members on this list appreciate that (I did it for my OEM audio conversion)

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas