2012 Tahoe, best mods???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HALE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up my 12 Tahoe, I'm new to the SUV game it is a family purchase I've always had diesels or sports cars, but I'm wanting the best out of my Tahoe and was wondering what CAI is the best choice and I like the Gibson side swept exhaust but haven't heard any examples, any one running this exhaust or other opinions. I'm probably going with a 24 in the future and like the side exit look also guys running a 24 what size tire are you running and any issues with rubbing, a 24 is pushing it in my neighborhood (hilly). Thanks

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant/Airaid/K&N for CAI. Magnaflow exhaust with a resonator delete and adding some SLIP tips is best bang for your buck. If you've got deep pockets then Borla or Corsa (for the deepest of pockets). Then pair that up with a BB Tune from blackbearperformance.com. I had 24's and ran 305/35/24 which rubbed at full lock in reverse. If you didn't want rubbing at all you can get the slightly smaller 295's. Also, welcome to TYF :)

OP
OP
H

HALE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey man I appreciate the info, I imagined the CAI were all about equal and for the exhaust I'm just wanting a deeper rumble and better looks, it's to quiet!!! I want the wheels and tires to look proportionate, but at the same time there is a decent little bump from the curb to my driveway and if my wife is driving it's hard telling what she'll run over hahaha

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. volent CAI /w air scoop
2. hedders (shorty)
3. GM Performance Exhust
4. Tune
IT will run like a **** ape. (NOTE: this is my 2008 tahoe, 120,000mi and still running Great. HAVE FUN .

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. volent CAI /w air scoop
2. hedders (shorty)
3. GM Performance Exhust
4. Tune
IT will run like a **** ape. (NOTE: this is my 2008 tahoe, 120,000mi and still running Great. HAVE FUN .

a ***** ape? Not to be critical, but I'm guessing the gains you're seeing here are marginal. Maybe 20 or 30 (max) hp?

intake $300
headers $300
GM Perf Exhaust $700
Tune $500

These are just SWAG, but you get the point. $1800 bucks for marginal gain is not going sell to well for ME.

If you're willing to spend $1800
Comp Cam (mild lift -low 500's)
Rework heads
Tune

proven to net near 100hp -with some bad a$$ torque to go along with it...

OP
OP
H

HALE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hahaha the last thing I need out of my Tahoe is a ton of power, if I did I would just go with a SC, I just traded an 08 F250 in that I put about $2200 into for performance gains and had a dyno proven 512hp 1056tq that I daily drove, and a couple other higher tunes, before that I had an 03 modded out Cobra with 475hp this is supposed to be a more family based ride, I'm just wanting to actually be able to hear if it's running when I hit the remote start from inside my house hahaah and I'd like to get a deal on the wheels, but I'm not even sure what I'm wanting, I had an all black G8 with LS2 and black 20" KMC slides that I liked the looks of and I was thinking chrome 24" slides but I've seen a ton on here, so I don't know. I'll pick up another toy in the future to make fast and just keep my daughter out of it haha

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

The SLP dual tip which eliminates the resonator will give you the sound you want. Nice burble at idle and basically stock sound after that. The CAIs are IMHO opinion a waste of money. The stock intake is basically a CAI.

Other easy and relatively inexpensive mod is to paint your bowties body color or if you're into bling, you can get polished billet bowties. Eagle Eye LED tails are nice but run about $250.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a ***** ape? Not to be critical, but I'm guessing the gains you're seeing here are marginal. Maybe 20 or 30 (max) hp?

intake $300
headers $300
GM Perf Exhaust $700
Tune $500

These are just SWAG, but you get the point. $1800 bucks for marginal gain is not going sell to well for ME.

If you're willing to spend $1800
Comp Cam (mild lift -low 500's)
Rework heads
Tune

proven to net near 100hp -with some bad a$$ torque to go along with it...

Whoa! This thread almost got d-railed quickly! He still has the factory warranty guys!!! Hahaha!

Newb! We need pics! Welcome to the forum, a lot of guys on here run the magnaflow exhaust or the corsa. MBRP has been having some good deals on there kits but they are only single tip exit.(which my wife prefers.....blah!) the SLP tip is pretty popular and looks good and can be paired with any system. FYI I talked to my dealer and they said it doesn't effect the warranty if it is a cat back system, now I don't know if that means a kit or custom exhaust from cat-back I need to clarify that with them.

Reccomendations- diff. bowties, either paint to match or billet/black
De-badge-really cleans things up-do the plastic piece on rear glass also it looks clean.
An Esky rack also looks good.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your fine with warranty for your exhaust and headers I think there was some bill that passed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076