2011 Yukon xl headlight retro help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
New to the site. Recently bought a 2011 Yukon xl, so far I love it with the exception of the headlights. This site and hid planet have been a huge help. The more I read the more questions i have.

I'm looking to do a full retro and am leaning towards morimoto d2s.

It sounds like keeping the drl is an issue but I would like to have them, what are my options?

I've seen talk about yukon vs denali headlights, are they interchangeable and if so what are the pros/cons?

From what I've read Depo is the way to go for aftermarket but I'm having a hard time finding them. Suggestions for sourcing them or other options?

Also I've seen "flash to pass", is this the ability to flash your high beams? If so, is this not possible with a hid retro?

Sorry about the long post, I'm sure I have more questions. Thanks for your time.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The d2s isn't a bad projector but I prefer the fxr in 3". Fills up the large bowls in these headlights better.

Drl is gone with a retro. Flash to pass only works for stock halogen bulbs. You can flash high beam if your lights are already on low otherwise no it doesn't apply.

Yes lights swap but Yukon is all chrome with larger amber reflector. Denali is chrome and silver with smaller reflector. Denali looks way better to me. Not sure about finding depo but eagle eyes isn't bad either.

OP
OP
A

Ashift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Could some type of leds or angel eyes be used for drl?

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem for DRL's lie in the harness. Due to the Yukon design of running the DRL on the same bulb as low/hi beam you do not have a way of changing that signal (to my knowledge) I am running Eagle Eye housings for Denali and have the Lexus RX350 BiXenon projectors and love them. I agree with @01Konvict for running the fxr's for the 3" projector. You could run a "demon eye" style led and have it on a switch if you want a DRL. Personally, I pulled my fuse for my DRL's so I wouldn't have to worry about problems with my ballasts. Good luck with the project and I'm sure that I can speak for everyone here in that we look forward to pictures of the progress and finished product!

Joe

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i decide to do any retrofit mods to my headlights, i will prefer to contact hidretrofitkit.com I was doing some research and this company do one of the coolest retrofit headlights for any car. I am saving some money so i get mine done by them.

I will recommend hidretrofitkit.com for any retrofit parts and headlights.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i decide to do any retrofit mods to my headlights, i will prefer to contact hidretrofitkit.com I was doing some research and this company do one of the coolest retrofit headlights for any car. I am saving some money so i get mine done by them.

I will recommend hidretrofitkit.com for any retrofit parts and headlights.

OP, I would not take this recommendation at all. Ignore it.

Instead, do a full proper retrofit. You'll want to do something like I did here, using BFC for the retrofit. Tons of before and after pics are included.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/new-bfc-retrofit-headlamps-installed.89909/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts