2011 Yukon - Radio and Transmission cut out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkling47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post, so I hope I am doing it correctly. On several occasions the radio and transmission cut out as if electronically they are no longer connected. This can last as long as 30 seconds. The first indication is the radio goes off completely or acts as if it is losing the signal. At the same time the transmission is no longer working at all. The engine runs fine during this but you cannot go anywhere, no gears at all. Usually you have to glide over to the side of the road, wait for the radio and transmission to re-engage and then the car operates correctly. This can happen soon after you have just begun driving or hours after you have been driving. I have checked, cleaned, and reattached all connections to the battery and engine including grounds. This seems to be electrical?? since the radio goes off during the problem. Was wondering if their is a separate ground that connects the transmission and radio or some connection between the two?? Any help would be wonderful!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Larry.

When communication is lost between module (computers) the system throws and stores a code. You're going to need access to a good scan tool that can read BCM and TCM codes. My first guess is that the BCM is going bad. But it could be corrosion within your positive and or negative battery cables, your battery (no matter its age) and or your ground connections.

I'm thinking BCM because the only thing that I can think of that links your radio and transmission is that computer.

Others shall chime in.