2008 Denali XL 6.2L Low Oil Pressure - Fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - My name is Wade, and I used the old crank bolt once, but I have since changed my ways.:oops:

Phew - That felt good to get off my chest.:D
We’ve all done things we’re not proud of. I literally just robbed a 10mm bolt from my power steering pump reservoir because I had my Throttle body apart to clean it and lost a bolt... (not inside the intake) but I’ll replace the bolt... eventually

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope its a remove and replace item.

But you will need a puller / install tool set and a way to hold the flywheel.

I can post up the tools later too. Always install with a new crank bolt since they're a torque to yield bolt (aka one time use).
Thanks. I’ll do some more research if it comes down to changing the pump.. I do plan to keep this van for the foreseeable future

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to remove my balancer I put an old bolt in the crank nose and used the bolt head as a push point for the puller.. I did not have the install tool so I re threaded a piece of threaded rod to 16mm (I think) and used that along with some spacers to start it until I could get the old bolt in a few threads to run it down.. switch in a new bolt and finished it off...Next was going to be the O ring but after a few days of 20f temps I now have what sounds like lifter tick so WTH

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they start putting the deflector in at a certain point or was it just for TSBs? I have the odd 11’ L9H (truck) and I only see reference to the deflector in vehicles with AFM which my engine does not have. I plan on having a shop replace my O-ring.

Also curious if the TSB involving the valve covers apply to my truck as well.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they start putting the deflector in at a certain point or was it just for TSBs? I have the odd 11’ L9H (truck) and I only see reference to the deflector in vehicles with AFM which my engine does not have. I plan on having a shop replace my O-ring.

The L9H is not listed in the TSB as an affected engine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any special tools? You mentioned the timing chain cover comes off for the pump.. I see the water pump comes off. That’s simple. Does the harmonic balancer come off too? And do I need a special puller?

Might sound like a stupid question. But does the balancer need anything to be re installed. Like does it need to be balanced lol. And I might as well maybe do the chain while I’m in there

To remove the balancer just use the old bolt to push against like was mentioned earlier but grind the head until it will slide through the balancer and use a Chrysler puller p/n OEM Tools 27139 that’s available through the loan-a-tool at most auto parts stores. Watch this dudes YT video on it. It takes 5 minutes to pull it this way.

And to install, you can buy a longer crank bolt M16 x 2.0 at 120mm or threaded rod but do not use the stock bolt, it’s not long enough. You should make sure the bolt that you use to get it started has way more than a few threads engaged or you risk stripping the threads in the crank and guess what happens if you do that? Engine rebuild time. If you go with an ARP crank bolt it’s a one-time torque not TTY like a stock bolt. If you do use a stock bolt you need to reuse your old bolt to torque it to 240, remove it, put the new one in and torque it to 37 ft lbs and then torque it 140degrees past that. The ARP bolt is reusable also. There’s some good instructions here.

https://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Vehicles Built Prior to February 1, 2011 Require Updated Valve Cover and October 2010 Require AFM Shield.

Here is the TSB: cec66346-04c1-48e0-98a6-74c35af2c84e_2014+Engine+-+Oil+Consumption,+MIL+ON,+Engine+Runs+Rough.pdf (justanswer.com)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts