2008 Denali XL 6.2L Low Oil Pressure - Fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk if we talked about this--I had to change the oil pump in my 05. The O ring was still soft and pliable--but this motor was severely neglected.View attachment 271114 View attachment 271115 View attachment 271116 View attachment 271117 View attachment 271118
I put a high volume, now warm idle pressure is around 50 psi. From the low oil pressure, that eventually went to 0 it developed a tap. The tap slowly went away. As of now motor has 150,000 on it.
We did. It’s in my inbox. About a year ago lmao. That’s probably why I didn’t do the o ring because I didn’t wanna guess and waste my time. Also my van doesn’t fit in my garage with the ladder racks. So more of a hassle to get to work on it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We did. It’s in my inbox. About a year ago lmao. That’s probably why I didn’t do the o ring because I didn’t wanna guess and waste my time. Also my van doesn’t fit in my garage with the ladder racks. So more of a hassle to get to work on it.
It def is a pita job.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It def is a pita job.
Any special tools? You mentioned the timing chain cover comes off for the pump.. I see the water pump comes off. That’s simple. Does the harmonic balancer come off too? And do I need a special puller?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any special tools? You mentioned the timing chain cover comes off for the pump.. I see the water pump comes off. That’s simple. Does the harmonic balancer come off too? And do I need a special puller?

Yes the balancer will have to be removed.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the balancer will have to be removed.
Might sound like a stupid question. But does the balancer need anything to be re installed. Like does it need to be balanced lol. And I might as well maybe do the chain while I’m in there

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope its a remove and replace item.

But you will need a puller / install tool set and a way to hold the flywheel.

I can post up the tools later too. Always install with a new crank bolt since they're a torque to yield bolt (aka one time use).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nope its a remove and replace item.

But you will need a puller / install tool set and a way to hold the flywheel.

I can post up the tools later too. Always install with a new crank bolt since they're a torque to yield bolt (aka one time use).
Thx for chiming in. I didn't personally do the job, friend of mine did. He did use the same crank bolt tho--so far no ill effects. Def change it tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts