2008 Denali Goes Much Much Faster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
View attachment 14935View attachment 14936View attachment 14937View attachment 14938

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the quality. Dropped 2/4 so its hard to get under there.

There's not much tubing. Lt headers into the y, then apprx 3 inches of pipe (just enough for the wide band bung) into 14 inch resonator, which is welded right onto the first borla, 2 inches of pipe then into the second borla, then duals over the axel turned out to the side.

Wow what a great idea to make it a bit more quite. Looks good underneath too.

x2. :Handshake:

I think I'm going to try this out and maybe fiddle around with a cutout. Cutout closed, flows through both mufflers; cutout open, bypasses the second muffler.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fast what did your 6.2 dyno at before the tune?

Forgot about AWD. That's the #1 reason I searched out a 2009 6.2 Tahoe. I wanted the option of AWD, 2WD, and low range and Esky/Denali doesn't get that. The truck did 328 RWHP stock, 344 HP with tune. I don't have numbers after adding the Airaid tube and K&N and re-tuning for that. I don't think it picked up much from it, maybe another 7-8 HP. From what I'm reading, I probably won't be able to get what I'm looking for with a cam and headers and I don't want the noise of headers. It's already just a little louder than I want and the exhaust is bone stock, so I'm trying to talk myself out of a blower,,,,,,,,but not too hard.

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you said you have pacesetter LT's? is that a 6.2L?

Yes i have pacesetters. They work just fine. I live in fl so we dont have salt on the roads. SS was not necessary. I saved the $ for other mods.

Wish I had a 6.2. It's a 5.3 but I got a blower so that makes up for it!

Last edited:

Nawar Abed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
l92 cam swap

hey bud, first off i would like to say your denali looks and sounds outstanding mashallah you've done a great job, i live in michigan usa and i own a couple a mechanic shop, i have a 2007 denali and i want to make it like yours and i need your help, wallah id appreciate it, did you install the cam yourself or you had a shop do it? i just bought comp cams
156-402-13 with a 30degree phaser and titanium beehive spring kit, ive never done a cam swap, my questions are do do i have to take the heads off or can i just slide it in?i see in your picture it looks like the intake manifold and heads are on, please guide me on this as i am confused? also do you think i should get it dyno tuned instead of sending it to blackbear? thank you for your time and allah ma3k :)

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
hey bud, first off i would like to say your denali looks and sounds outstanding mashallah you've done a great job, i live in michigan usa and i own a couple a mechanic shop, i have a 2007 denali and i want to make it like yours and i need your help, wallah id appreciate it, did you install the cam yourself or you had a shop do it? i just bought comp cams
156-402-13 with a 30degree phaser and titanium beehive spring kit, ive never done a cam swap, my questions are do do i have to take the heads off or can i just slide it in?i see in your picture it looks like the intake manifold and heads are on, please guide me on this as i am confused? also do you think i should get it dyno tuned instead of sending it to blackbear? thank you for your time and allah ma3k :)

you should have all the necessary tools at ur shops to get her done...heads stay in...slide it out the front....

Nawar Abed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sweet thanks bud, and i think i seen your truck on craigslist you have one beautiful truck :), my dream setup. who tuned your truck? i called livernois and they want 850$ full tune. also do i need to upgrade any thing besides headers? and im expecting a 68hp gain according to gmhtp. cant wait :) thanks for all your help

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
sweet thanks bud, and i think i seen your truck on craigslist you have one beautiful truck :), my dream setup. who tuned your truck? i called livernois and they want 850$ full tune. also do i need to upgrade any thing besides headers? and im expecting a 68hp gain according to gmhtp. cant wait :) thanks for all your help

Thanks...yea i had it on there for a bit but decided to keep it...

I have it blackbear tuned...it hasnt seen the dyno yet...i dont hot rod it and so far its been great...im going to add a wide band to it sooner or later to keep an eye on it but so far just a mail order tune from Justin at Black bear performance...great guy and continuously works with you to get you what you want...highly recommended...i just wish i lived closer to his shop!! lol...

Personally, i havent been at Livernois...heard good and bad things...

I took my custom setup supercharged V8 thunderbird at Lidio at Alternative Performance...guy is great...thought my manual v8 w a blower setup was kinda odd and wondered why i had done it to a thunderbird, but he got it right and keept it safe...wont give you highest power numbers but very nice safe tune...he will push it if you ask him too...but i personally dont have forged motors so i keep them safe...

Heard he is doing GM and Chrysler vehicles now, as his main concentration is Ford...ill be calling him in the summer and see what he can quote me ....as of last time i went there last summer, he did not have an AWD dyno...he should be pretty close to you...24 mile and gratiot area...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo