2008 Denali Goes Much Much Faster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Absolutely. Remember also you quoted rwhp. Mine is awhp.
Much higher parasitic loses in an all wheel drive car between crank and wheels than a rwd.
Like I mentioned, stock 2008 makes about 280 awhp on this dyno in similar conditions.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Fast what did your 6.2 dyno at before the tune?

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, I'm lost in all this crank, drivetrain, HP talk. All I know is my truck is much faster with a BB tune and intake. It would be really hard to go back to stock after feeling the power the truck has now. BTW, I love the way your truck sounds. I doubt I'll do anymore performance mods at this point. Maybe a new muffler much later down the road. I'm gonna start working on new wheels and a system and hopefully I'm done putting money in this thing :0)

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
I have no direct experience with them.

I ran a google search and checked a few threads out. From what I've read they seem good. Super cheap as well.

I just wonder if the age old saying of you get what you pay for applies in this case.

The industry leaders such as ARH, Kooks, Dynatech and SS works all seem to be around the same price.

These are roughly one third.

Doesn't mean they are no good though...

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Agree with you totally...i email them and got a very quick turn around...

They told me exactly what to expect during installation and what will and wont work, which in this case is the Y-pipe...i will also prob have to do a catted application as i dont want it loud

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had lt headers with no cats and a magnaflow and it was way too loud. Changed to borla and it was better but still loud. I added another borla and a 14 inch manga flow resonator and now it's quiet, very quiet until I get on it and then it opens up nicely.

Pacesetter coated Lt headers, y pipe, resonator, single in single out to single in dual out after the pass rear wheel all thru 3 inch pipe is a good way to go if you want flow but not the loud sound.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Where did you find space to put two mufflers and a resonator?
Do you have pics of the setup?

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334519404.927416.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334519430.689208.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334519452.754060.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334519465.086611.jpg

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the quality. Dropped 2/4 so its hard to get under there.

There's not much tubing. Lt headers into the y, then apprx 3 inches of pipe (just enough for the wide band bung) into 14 inch resonator, which is welded right onto the first borla, 2 inches of pipe then into the second borla, then duals over the axel turned out to the side.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 14935View attachment 14936View attachment 14937View attachment 14938

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the quality. Dropped 2/4 so its hard to get under there.

There's not much tubing. Lt headers into the y, then apprx 3 inches of pipe (just enough for the wide band bung) into 14 inch resonator, which is welded right onto the first borla, 2 inches of pipe then into the second borla, then duals over the axel turned out to the side.

Wow what a great idea to make it a bit more quite. Looks good underneath too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz