2007 yukon tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukeb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a 2007 yukon xl. I have been ironing out a lot of issues. I am currently working on the tires. I bought used tires and rims off craigslist that are off the new tahoes. I wasn't sure if the sensors were in them, so i pulled the valve and pushed a wire in. I could push past the back of the valve. (the truck had 20" tires with no sensors)
I have tried to relearn the sensors but can't find them. Should newer sensors work or do i need to have them programmed?

Thanks
Luke

Last edited:

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2007 you shouldn't need to have them programmed, but I do believe the TPMS changed after 2014. I picked up 4 new TPMS off Amazon back in December for only $100. The tire shop that I had install them said they would try to "program" them, and insisted that I would need to go to the dealership if they couldn't. They failed to "program" them. Once I got it home I was able to get my 2007 Denali to learn the new TPMS without issue using the standard pressure release method.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
On a 2007 you shouldn't need to have them programmed, but I do believe the TPMS changed after 2014. I picked up 4 new TPMS off Amazon back in December for only $100. The tire shop that I had install them said they would try to "program" them, and insisted that I would need to go to the dealership if they couldn't. They failed to "program" them. Once I got it home I was able to get my 2007 Denali to learn the new TPMS without issue using the standard pressure release method.

Correct.

yukon702

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a 2007 yukon xl. I have been ironing out a lot of issues. I am currently working on the tires. I bought used tires and rims off craigslist that are off the new tahoes. I wasn't sure if the sensors were in them, so i pulled the valve and pushed a wire in. I could push past the back of the valve. (the truck had 20" tires with no sensors)
I have tried to relearn the sensors but can't find them. Should newer sensors work or do i need to have them programmed?

Thanks
Luke
If or when you get them installed you can have the tire shop especially discount tire relearn the new sensors for free and you can also relearn the new tire sensors: it's in the manual and also on YouTube

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks
Luke

I have 2016 sensors in mine, just do the method in your owner's manual that is initiated by the remote.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Good info about ~2016 sensor compatibility in earlier vehicles. The newer the sensor, the newer the batteries.

I bought a set of 4 oem on eBay back in June for $55 right after I had a set of tires mounted. No excuses for not installing them next time. Couldn’t bear the thought of having one bad TPMS vs paying even less to replace all of them when the tires are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk