2007 Yukon Ipad in Dash project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy. I got the dock cable from apple store that has a set of audio/video RCA's along with a USB for charging. I hooked the audio-outs into the Audiocontrol 3.1, which splits to Front/Rear/Sub. I took the video out to a video splitter box, which splits signal out to the 2 headrest monitors. The power is picked up in a cigarette lighter in the console, using Belkin's Ipad charger.

The install will not work to my full desires until the jailbreak for OS4 is out. This will allow for better video and audio distribution options, and hopefully a bluetooth remote control.

Gotcha, that would make sense

webf2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man it looks awesome, I would appreciate if you post the pics after completion.

TahoeZO6

Reaction score
Nice.

Question: Did you lose the ability to use the Onstar Turn by Turn Directions when you contact them or sending directions via Google Map, Mapquest, etc?

OP
OP
ovasquez

ovasquez

Reaction score
nice.

Question: Did you lose the ability to use the onstar turn by turn directions when you contact them or sending directions via google map, mapquest, etc?

100% gone

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Here is the latest update. Been super busy at work and with family. hopefully i can at least finish the bezel this coming weekend. the motorization will have to wait.

Here are a few console shots as i was installing it.
DSC01162.jpg
DSC01163.jpg
You can see the insanity needed to cut up the dash here. there is no going back on this, even if i sell the truck.
DSC01164.jpg

Here is the bezel as it sits right now. I still need to lay down some fiberglass and filler, and sand smooth so the paint guy can shoot it.
IMAG0077.jpg
IMAG0078.jpg

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking great!, really tempted to do this, cant wait to see the finished product!

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Coming along nicely! I'll definitely be staying tuned to watch the progress.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Looks Great!!! How much would a install like this cost??
Great Work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy