2006 suburban issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok like the title says I have a 2006 suburban LTZ 6.0l AWD
first off I'm looking into the 2WD version of the 80e trans (full transmission swap) and I'm wondering if after the swap if ill need to get the computer reflashed or programed for 2WD???

Also ill be putting in a custom fuel cell from faggard fab utilizing the stock pump and sending unit but my question on this is if I can do away with the filter/check valve black box attached to the factory tank? It has 3 hoses I think??

Another question I have is for the tire pressure messages that pop up bc I have after market wheels is there any way to do away with that???

Thanks guys
Blake

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok like the title says I have a 2006 suburban LTZ 6.0l AWD
first off I'm looking into the 2WD version of the 80e trans (full transmission swap) and I'm wondering if after the swap if ill need to get the computer reflashed or programed for 2WD???

Also ill be putting in a custom fuel cell from faggard fab utilizing the stock pump and sending unit but my question on this is if I can do away with the filter/check valve black box attached to the factory tank? It has 3 hoses I think??

Another question I have is for the tire pressure messages that pop up bc I have after market wheels is there any way to do away with that???

Thanks guys
Blake
#2 I believe the box on the fuel system your talking about is your EVAP... You can get rid of it but you will probably want to tune the codes out of your pcm so you don't have the check engine light staring you in the face!

#3 You can put TPMS sensors back in your aftermarket wheels or from what I read when researching for my own truck there are several ways to trick the computer to think you have the sensors in the wheels when you really don't. One was using home made tubes with the sensors in them, and another was a magnet but I do not have personal experience doing those... I just bought the sensors and put them in the wheels so the light stayed out.

Sorry I can't help you with the tranny stuff.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive