2005 Yukon XL Denali 1500 Front Differential Fill and drain plugs/gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linny1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
My local dealer and i are coming up short on this. We looked at the diagram on their computer and could not find the part numbers. I need a new drain bolt for the front diff and its associated nylon gasket/washer. I assume I could just goto a parts store and find a universal kit and pick a nylon washer that fits but dang it, i just wanted to buy the plug and gasket from the dealer.
Only thing he found after getting his manager involved was the drain plug or at least he thinks its the right one. The listing did not specify if it had a 13mm head or anything.
26058815 looks like the right drain plug with the magnetic tip but does not come with a gasket.
My fill plug was in fine shape but doe NOT have an oring, it too has a nylon gasket I do not wish to reuse. It has the 15mm head not 18mm Ive seen on newer trucks. again, could not find a listing for this very large nylon gasket. Local auto parts store was no help as they didnt have any universal drain plug gaskets that big.

Are there any GM gurus could help me out with part numbers?

Im shocked I got a shoulder shrug at the parts counter. "we usually reuse the old ones"
really?

thanks in advance.

OP
OP
L

linny1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay! That's certainly looks like the drain gasket. Thank you. Any idea about the fill gasket?
The o-ring?

I would take the existing one and go to your local hardware store and find one that is the same size. Since the fill plug is above the fluid level, I'm not sure I would spend much time worrying about it.

OP
OP
L

linny1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The o-ring?

I would take the existing one and go to your local hardware store and find one that is the same size. Since the fill plug is above the fluid level, I'm not sure I would spend much time worrying about it.

It's a huge thin nylon washer. My plug doesn't have the o ring. I finally found it for those interested gm part number 14042602

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts