2003 Tahoe cheap performance mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
Im about 6mo into my yukon and iv'e done a tune and an intake. exhaust is comin soon. not many low cost boltons are going to make a big difference on a 5000 + lb truck.

Since youve done engins swaps before you could sell the 5.3L and get a 6.0L? just a thought, but a little overkill.

I've thought about it. I had a denali before and feel a difference but my truck has only 50k on the motor so don't think I wanna pit something with more miles. I think im just doing intake, tune, electric fans, and servo

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corvette servo

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I meant how much was the Corvette servo ?

langsbr

Reaction score
Ive got an 01 Tahoe and the first thing up is gonna be LTs and full exhaust and a tune. That should give it a good 30 - 50 whp gain. Add a small 220ish cam and the total gain is close to 100rwhp. Can't beat that.

Pacesetter LTs and y-pipe - $400
cat back - $350
tune - 3 - 500
cam - 500ish

Not a bad price for something you can piece together at different times, or all at once. Less than 2 grand for 100whp is a good deal I think.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Corvette servo

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I meant how much was the Corvette servo ?

Local shop quoted me a 150 including parts... Idk enough about trannys but I heard it's not hard.. We'll see

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Divino92

Reaction score
Local shop quoted me a 150 including parts... Idk enough about trannys but I heard it's not hard.. We'll see

If you have even a little mechanical knowledge its easy!!!! It cost me a total of $20 to do mine, including fluid and the servo , brand new, shipped to my door! Save $130 and spend that on an intake ! :)

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
If you have even a little mechanical knowledge its easy!!!! It cost me a total of $20 to do mine, including fluid and the servo , brand new, shipped to my door! Save $130 and spend that on an intake ! :)

Got one (love it ) AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI POLISHED CHROME it's freaking sick beat the hell outta my buddy's 5.3's k&n's sounds louder too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts