2003 Tahoe cheap performance mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I just got my Tahoe and want to do some cheaper performance mods... I don't really want anything to aggressive or expensive just something cheap... I purchased a corvette servo and an intake from some people on here and I might get some electric fans.... is there anything else recommended thats kinda cheap?

Also, I can get a tune for only $150 but does a tune with just an intake and corvette servo make a difference. If so, what kinda difference can I expect? The same guy tuned my GTP and it made a huge difference but I had an intake, headers, smaller pulley, colder plugs, and some other stuff done to it....

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
more info.

What gears? what size tires? whts cheap? plan to pay someone, or do it yourself?

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
more info.

What gears? what size tires? whts cheap? plan to pay someone, or do it yourself?

I have stock gears, not sure how to check exactly which they are, and I have 18" Escalade rims right now but also have a set of 24s with 305/35R24. I'm not really looking to make it super fast, just kinda faster then stock, especially since I'm putting alot of weight on due to the rims and sound system.

Also, I'm thinking mods under $500... and I can do some stuff with the help of my buddies but if other stuff is too complicated I don't mind paying somebody if its going to be done right.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

No such thing as cheap when it comes to performance.

Maybe that's true with these type of vehicles, which is why I'm asking, but with my civic I was able to go from a 16.4 1/4 mile to a 14.1 1/4 mile for under $500...

And in my GTP I went from a 15.8 1/4 mile to a 13.9 1/4 mile with less than $500

And I know there's a big difference between a GTP, Civic, and Tahoe but that's why I'm asking for ideas... by searching I was able to find out to do an intake and corvette servo but was seeing if anybody else had ideas

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
What costs 500 dollars that shaves 2+ seconds off a quarter?

On the Civic I spent $700 for a b16a2 complete swap and sold my d16z6 swap for $500, so that was a net of $200, plus intake $75, fuel rail $75, exhaust $125 and tune $100... so that was a little over $500

On the GTP all I did was a 3.25" Pulley $120, colder plugs $15, an intake $15, headers $200, and a tune $150.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

And for the Tahoe I'm not looking to make that much of an impact, just want a little upgrade. I've never done anything performance wise to a truck and was just looking at where to start. I had a Denali that I sold to buy this Tahoe and was just looking to get some little stuff done

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will feel a difference with just a mail order tune, so thats cheap mod right there

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about 6mo into my yukon and iv'e done a tune and an intake. exhaust is comin soon. not many low cost boltons are going to make a big difference on a 5000 + lb truck.

Since youve done engins swaps before you could sell the 5.3L and get a 6.0L? just a thought, but a little overkill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10