2001 Denali Corsa Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timmy Tango

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brand new here folks. Just picked up a 2001 Denali with 135K...very nice condition! I'd rate it 9/10 both inside and out considering age. I just slapped a set of 2016 Sierra wheels on and it looks great. Next up I want to give it some rumble. Looking to put the Corsa muffler on but am having trouble finding the model number. Looks like it may be the 14220 which is what goes on the 2002+ Denalis and Escalades, but want to make sure first.

Also, per other threads just adding the muffler (as opposed to entire exhaust) is a good option. Does anyone know the part number for the muffler only option? Also IS this an option? Best I can see, they are only sold as kits.

Thanks - TimDenali.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

So many options with exhaust depending on how far and how much $$ you want to spend. A Corsa Sport catback has been used a lot on this forum, but it is pricey.

Changing out the muffler is the easiest way to get some noise. Pick your muffler $80-$120 appox. and get it welded on $50-$100 depending on your local shop. Instant noise on start up and growl when you step on it.

Black Widow and Carven have been getting good marks on here lately.
Good thread on Black Widow here.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/black-widow-muffler.79349/

I am personally running a Flowmaster 50 series and it sounds pretty good with a cold air intake. Your choices, noise level, etc... will vary.

This Borla was recommended to me as well. https://www.borla.com/products/proxs_muffler_part__40359.html

Good luck.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
I love, love love my Corsa 14232 setup and I'm actually worried I'll hate it after I change to long tubes this weekend.

nikogto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed a stainless shorty, cold air intake combo from Ebay along with Corsa cat back system, sounds great! No drone inside, but opens up upon full throttle, still have my stock cats on, but they flow good for stock cats.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

So many options with exhaust depending on how far and how much $$ you want to spend. A Corsa Sport catback has been used a lot on this forum, but it is pricey.

Changing out the muffler is the easiest way to get some noise. Pick your muffler $80-$120 appox. and get it welded on $50-$100 depending on your local shop. Instant noise on start up and growl when you step on it.

Black Widow and Carven have been getting good marks on here lately.
Good thread on Black Widow here.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/black-widow-muffler.79349/

I am personally running a Flowmaster 50 series and it sounds pretty good with a cold air intake. Your choices, noise level, etc... will vary.

This Borla was recommended to me as well. https://www.borla.com/products/proxs_muffler_part__40359.html

Good luck.
@Fosscore How is the drone with your 50? I would like to try the Venom, but locally I could get a flowmaster installed with new resonator for $175. A venom would push that into higher territory.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving my Corsa Sport for about 6 years now, I personally haven't heard of just buying the muffler for our trucks but not saying it isn't possible!

nikogto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's good to hear, that it will last a long time. I only have 240k on this truck, although I would love a new one, can't justify those damn prices.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore How is the drone with your 50? I would like to try the Venom, but locally I could get a flowmaster installed with new resonator for $175. A venom would push that into higher territory.

@inmypassatlife

Check out my build thread pages 69 and 71 for cold start, revs and driving videos I posted this weekend.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/fosscores-2006-tahoe-build-thread.65729/page-71

As far as drone. I have had this muffler for over 2 years now and have contemplated changing it out many times, for example the Black Widow thread has convinced a lot of guys to go that way or even a few Carvens are getting some installs.

Just cruising in the city or I-95 (which I avoid like the plague if I can help it lol) it is like any other truck. Just normal to me. My NNBS sounds the same. When I take off from a dead stop or stomp on it to WOT, yes you will hear it, but just cruising along at normal RPMs, I do not find it annoying. You know there is some noise there as you cycle through the gears, but again it is expected. Hope that helps a bit with your question.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving my Corsa Sport for about 6 years now, I personally haven't heard of just buying the muffler for our trucks but not saying it isn't possible!

I am going on about 6 years with my corsa sport also. I don't believe I have the touring. I love it, quality is a+. my 06 only has 93k on it, so she's still pretty minty. I looked around for just the muffler with no luck, then ended up finding a good deal on an open box corsa. Next is longtubes for my truck as it will need cats soon, then its really going to scream.

-Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts