07/08 vs 09-14 Corsa catback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Fun fact! The 07/08 Corsa catback not only uses a different cat-to-muffler pipe (2-bolt flange vs ball/socket flange), but it ALSO uses a different length of muffler!

So, if you buy a Corsa catback second hand, only to find out after an 8-hour round trip that it doesn't fit, then reach out to Corsa explaining the situation, and that you THINK you need a different "head-pipe", they'll happily sell you one for $200 without telling you that you'll also need a shorter muffler to bolt it onto your 09-14.

Anyway, anybody near MO wanna buy an 07-08 Corsa catback? :banghead:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a muffler shop's labor to section out a piece and/or change the connection style be much cheaper?

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Wouldn't a muffler shop's labor to section out a piece and/or change the connection style be much cheaper?
Unfortunately it isn’t quite that easy. The muffler is SO long that the fore and aft pipes would have to be reworked entirely. Check out the pics

Attachments

• IMG_5337.jpeg
    IMG_5337.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5336.jpeg
    IMG_5336.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5335.jpeg
    IMG_5335.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it isn’t quite that easy. The muffler is SO long that the fire and aft pipes would have to be reworked entirely. Check out the pics

All I can focus on is that orange hammer and who you want to beat with it LOL.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
All I can focus on is that orange hammer and who you want to beat with it LOL.
The ole Harbor Freight "I FKN TOLD YOU TO MOVE" whacker. As illustrated by the bent handle, it's done a lot of work :chair::rotflmao:

It was a serious roller coaster ride with this exhaust. I was actually looking for a Corsa airbox on FB Marketplace, and this popped up in KCMO, about 3.5 hours from me. I promised the wife BBQ if she made a road trip with me, and away we went. Guy was super nice, told me about how he put it on his wife's 08 and she hated how loud it was. I drove home STOKED.

When I removed my exhaust, I decided I didn't feel like ******* with dropping the whole rear end to get that pipe through, so i sawzall'd it just over the rear axle to easily slip it out in 2 pieces. It was only then that I realized that the fore-most flange was different. After asking around, I found out that in 09, GM added the 3rd cat to our trucks, so the flange changed to a ball-and-socket style. No biggie! I hit up Corsa, explained what I bought, and what was different, and that I was installing on a 2012 Tahoe. They said no problem, and sold me the "head pipe" (as they call it) for $179 +$19 shipping. Sweet! That still puts me into the exhaust for only $700 instead of $1600!

The day the new "head pipe" came in, I went to install it and realized I'd still be a tad long, so I trimmed an inch off the aft end of the "head pipe". Threw it in the hangers, got to the aft side of the muffler and went :wtf2:

So, now it's back up for sale, and I have half the stock exhaust back on the truck :Stupid Me:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
07 YXL Denali …

What a bummer. Glad to see you’re handling it with a chuckle. Nothing else to do except what you’re doing now.

There’s been little talk about the 07 & 08 exhaust vs the 09+ exhausts. I’ve had the 08 YXL Denali and a 09 Esky ESV now. I just did the o2 sensors on n the 09 and your correct they’re flanged. There are only two cats on the 09-14 Esky which were 100% 6.2L only.

Here’s the other thread that laid out a bunch of pics for the huge down pipe assemblies on early and later exhausts.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
So, after exchanging emails with Corsa a few more times, apparently the ONLY difference between the 07/08 and 09-14 exhausts is the head-pipe.

I then asked for a measurement on the muffler in both kits, and they answered 28.72 inches. Mine is 33.5"

I'm really starting to think I may just have someone modify my Y-pipe, delete the 3rd cat, and put this ***** on.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after exchanging emails with Corsa a few more times, apparently the ONLY difference between the 07/08 and 09-14 exhausts is the head-pipe.

I then asked for a measurement on the muffler in both kits, and they answered 28.72 inches. Mine is 33.5"

I'm really starting to think I may just have someone modify my Y-pipe, delete the 3rd cat, and put this ***** on.
Fix it yourself: https://www.harborfreight.com/easy-flux-125-amp-welder-57861.html smileydoit.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar