2" to 3'' lift or blocks and torsin keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to give my 4dr 4wd little bit of a lift. I want to go higher then a few inches but I live in MA and we have ride hight restrictions. Do you think the Rough Country 2 to 3 inch kit is worth it or should I go with blocks and keys. Right now I am running stock hight with 31s but the frame seems really low to the ground.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a 2-3" lift is my vote, less stress on the front end. Happyspaz just put a similar lift on his truck, I would look up that thread. A body lift is an option but as you stated the frame is too low to the ground...a body lift will not bring that up other than a little from larger tires. And as I always do I recomend a 6" lift...if you can afford it and pss the lift inspection. Many 6" kits are more like 4-5" then a t-bar crank for the other inch or two. I always say go larger because you will want it bigger in no time. I have a true 6.5" lift in the front with a little crank to about 7-7.5" ....still too low for me

OP
OP
M

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I will go with the 2 to 3 inch lift because you cant beat the price and it is my first truck and I don't want to go crazy with it. I just want enough clearance for some mild dune trails, and the beach. Thanks for the advice.

any one have any pics of their hoe with the lift?

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what the 2-3" lift with torsion bars cranked looks like:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

2 1/2" box kit for the front from SkyJacker
4" lift SkyJacker Soft Ride springs in the rear
(with 2" drop shackles - don't ask)
Torsion bars cranked to level it out
Fenders sit just shy of 40" at center of wheel
275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

jcooklock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the look of that one. just a little higher from what I have now. I dont want to go bigger bc I dont have the money to buy larger tires, and I just got the ones I have now

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Thats a great lookin ride hapyspaz!

I dont reccomend Green keys at all.

Terrible ride, idler/pitman arm/ ball joints wear quicker, Terrible ride

Its a cheap lift but thats it. its not worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89

Latest posts