2 electrical plugs behind dash bezel not used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thesodakid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am replacing the radio in my 98 Tahoe LT and have pulled the dash bezel off to gain access to the radio and cd player. I have 2 questions:

1. I found 2 electrical connectors behind the bezel, above the 4WD plugs and in between the cluster and the radio bay, what are these for? Sunroof? rear windshield wiper? I am curious...

2. I noticed there are 2 connectors for the external cd player that sat in the little hole below the climate controls, 1 connector went to the back of the radio and the other to the back of the cd player. Can that wiring be removed? is it just one wire, or does it tap into the far reaches of the electrical system as well? I want to put a CB in that spot, and am thinking I might be able to use the power and ground from that connector. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Window wiper is in one spot and the rear window hatch switch is another ...

OP
OP
T

thesodakid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Retorq. I thought it might be something like that. Do you think I could use the power and ground from those plugs to power other devices I want to put in the dash? Like a CB, or USB port or something like that?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not, power is power. Fuses or relays might not be installed if you don't have that equipment ... that's an easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24