1995 tahoe 3 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blackbird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
correct, those screws will twist the torsion keys and load up the bars, this will bring just the front up. Too far will cause problems though with weaing out steering and suspension parts much faster.

The rear is lift blocks. Summit racing or jeggs is where I would start prices are good.

On my tahoe currenty I have the Kumho road venture MT (35x12.5) wheels are 17x9 atx artillery. Suburban runs a BFG AT (35x12.5) on a 17x8 ATX mojave.

The set up in my sig is a 17x8 mojave with a Procomp extreme AT 35x12.5

So what would you say is good to twist those torsion keys? 2inch should be the max? I really don't want to start replacing steering and suspension parts.. do you recommend this route or should I just buckle up and do the full suspension lift?

The problem with body lifts is the gap! for example:

DSC_6192.jpg

DSC_6193.jpg

Is there anyway to avoid this? or is this one this bad cause is more than 3inch?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will always say a true lift is teh best, reason for this is that it keeps all the components at reasonable angles versus a crank that increases therefore faster wear. 1-2" should be fine though. Larger tires will also speed this process up.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3" body lift on my yukon and i did some things to clean it up.

Painted the frame and wheel wells
Step bars (raised 2")
Gap guards
Raised front tow hooks
Raised rear bumper (2")

I still need to raise my trailer hitch, but other than that you'd really have to know what to look for to notice it's a body lift.

I'd do a body lift before that RCX 3" lift anyday. Plus Im not a fan of cranking the torsion bars more than just to level the front end.

OP
OP
B

blackbird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guy for all of the reply's... Do you guys know what the bolt pattern is the wheels? I'm looking at some jeep wrangler wheel/tire combo on craiglist 5x4.5 17 would that fit the tahoe?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
6x5.5

chevy, toyota, nissan, mitsubishi, isuzu use 6x5.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn