'17 Tahoe LT Buffeting and Heater/AC Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmad1

Reaction score
Put the '17 in the shop last week for Buffeting and a low squealing heat/ac fan motor. They determined that the buffeting was the driver's side window regulator. "Not"! Did not make one bit of difference in the low speed buffeting. Told them I had read that there was a TSB on it and they said it only applied to the ones with sun roof. Bull !

The said they replaced the heater/ac fan motor. It was quiet for about 2 hours and came back. I suspect they just tried to spray it with W-D 40, etc. It is as loud now as before. Will take it back and see what they say. Not sure if I need to ask for a factory rep or try a different dealer. Not happy with this car. Would trade back for our '12 LT.

Other things I don't like is the uncomfortable seats. Hard and not cushy. It doesn't adjust downward in the front. Makes it hae for my short legs to touch the floor comfortablely. The backs of the seats are also hard and you can feel the bladder used for the lumbar inflator.

The engine also has a strange thumping sound to it when idling. The say this is "Normal" Again I say Bull !

I have questioned several repairs they said they performed on my Vette and had to keep taking it back to the shop. Had an argument with the Shop Manager about a noise when you turned the steering wheel. Finally, after the 3rd trip back, a different shop manger said he recognized the problem and fixed it. I wish he still worked there. He seemed to know his stuff.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check through this forum. I don’t know if a TSB was issued but one guy posted about how a GM engineer determined it was a torque converter/driveline issue and apparently this fixed the problem. Hope it gets fixed for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewsTahoe

Latest posts