15k recommended service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slackerwil

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! Brought my 2016 Yukon Denali for a warranty service and recall. Dealership recommended the following maintainance:
2 wheel alignment (89.95)
Throttle body Service (79.95)
Fuel induction service (168.95)
Battery Service (39.95)
What are your thought? Needs to be done? Cost too much? Etc.

Thanks in advance for the input.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm closing in on 25k miles on my Tahoe and the only services done so far have been the oil changes & tire rotations (outside of the recall work and a dead battery being replaced). The dealership so far has not recommended any other services to me.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
these trucks are 2 wheel alignments. There's nothing to adjust in the back end. If you have independent rear suspension I'd find a place that does 4 wheel alignments, but as it is, that's not applicable here.

What are your alignment specs that they're suggesting it?

WTF is a throttle body service?

You have 15k, I'd love to know why they're suggesting a fuel induction service. Do they have reason to believe there's an excess of carbon buildup in the intake? Are these the motors that have direct injection? If so I wouldn't ignore that fact it could need it, but I'd need to see some sort of evidence suggesting. IMO if you can invest in a PCV catch can and EGR delete you'll never need to deal with that again. The weakness with direct injection motors is that there's no fuel wash over the intake to stop the junk from building up on the intake ports. As I said, just request more into. If it's a steamroll sale trying to get their hours, I'd ignore it.

And what's a battery service? Are they saying they'll replace your battery? Or what?

OP
OP
slackerwil

slackerwil

Reaction score
Yeah, wasn't sure about all these recommendations. Thanks for the input.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30k. On mine. Oil change and alignment.
They recommended I change the cabin air filter. Nope.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cabin filter I would do every 10-15k... they can get nasty easy. But they are just behind the glove box usually so no real sense paying them all that amount.

(On all my previous cars it was a 10-15k interval. I'm still at 9k on this truck so I'll wait until after rain season)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my new 2016 Tahoe I looked at 8 used 2015&16 Tahoes..They all had at least 40K miles on them.

I had all the service records pulled on them..The ONLY service done on them were oil changes and a couple of them had alignments.

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Are those guys for real, they are trying to take your money.

2 wheel alignment (89.95) ---------Unless you see that your truck is pulling then get it done.
Throttle body Service (79.95)------- I have never hear of such service much less on a truck that has 15k miles
Fuel induction service (168.95)----- Come on are these guys ******* for real a fuel induction (injection) service at 15k lol, definitely not needed until after 40k
Battery Service (39.95) ------------- What the hell are these guys going to do to the battery add water, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645