15k recommended service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF is a throttle body service?[/QUOTE]

I think they mean a throttle body cleaning perhaps? But that cost for that is crazy, buy a can of cleaner and DIY for $~10.

I clean my throttle body on my older Yukon every 10k or it sputters when the AC is on in the summer.

68 Grand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just go by the recommendations in the owners manual, anything else the dealer recommends is crap to get your money:

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da.../02_pdf/2016-tahoe-suburban-owners-manual.pdf

Page 404. Oil and tire rotations every 7.5k (our oil life is always around 2-3% at that point), cabin air filter every 22.5k, engine air filter and brake fluid every 45k, transfer case fluid and spark plugs every 97.5k, engine cooling system every 150k. That's all the regular maintenance needed without other issues coming up.

And if you use Top Tier gas (and/or Techron just before each oil change), you should never have a problem with carbon buildup.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on doing something like a cabin air filter from K&N and just cleaning that at the suggested interval versus replacing the cabin air filter per GM's interval?

Soulraper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WTF is a throttle body service?

I think they mean a throttle body cleaning perhaps? But that cost for that is crazy, buy a can of cleaner and DIY for $~10.

I clean my throttle body on my older Yukon every 10k or it sputters when the AC is on in the summer.[/QUOTE]

My dealer say "throttle body service" , is the clean of the intake valves clean process.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on doing something like a cabin air filter from K&N and just cleaning that at the suggested interval versus replacing the cabin air filter per GM's interval?

get the fram baking soda filter when its available again. Also don't wait the 22k miles to change it. I just changed mine at 13k and it was filled with junk. Stay away from the acdelco one, Its a piece of junk. There is another company that sells carbon ones, for better filtration that are inexpensive but I don't know the quality. The fram gets great reviews.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the fram baking soda filter when its available again. Also don't wait the 22k miles to change it. I just changed mine at 13k and it was filled with junk. Stay away from the acdelco one, Its a piece of junk. There is another company that sells carbon ones, for better filtration that are inexpensive but I don't know the quality. The fram gets great reviews.

Crap, they are supposed to be done every 22k miles? I haven't change mine out yet and I'm at 32k miles. Unless the dealership changed it during the oil and tire rotation services but I think they would have told me so.

Guess I will have to looking into getting a new one.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those guys for real, they are trying to take your money.

2 wheel alignment (89.95) ---------Unless you see that your truck is pulling then get it done.
Throttle body Service (79.95)------- I have never hear of such service much less on a truck that has 15k miles
Fuel induction service (168.95)----- Come on are these guys ******* for real a fuel induction (injection) service at 15k lol, definitely not needed until after 40k
Battery Service (39.95) ------------- What the hell are these guys going to do to the battery add water, lol
I have heard of a throttle body service. In layman's terms, my understanding is that it is to the fuel injection system what cleaning the carburetor was to the old carberated motors. That is how it was explained to me. Have only had to do it once, and the car had 60,000 miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st