07 Yukon - Aftermarket Replacement of OEM Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
OK--
I tried to hard wire it last night. I found a good 12v on the reverse light power that I spliced into. Checked out fine with the voltmeter.

I used the ground on the factory camera harness-- this did not work, need to find a different ground.

When I tested it the other night I just ran the aftermarket camera on temporarily off the battery grnd/+ it worked fine. But last night using the factory harness I could only get squiggly lines last night-- this must mean my ground in the harness is no good (might be why the camera wasn't working to begin with).

Found this, will check it out after work on the Tahoe:
post-15170-0-18287700-1327550913.jpg

-G302 (In the Chassis Harness on the frame to the rear of the left front tire.)

Last edited:

Ledesordre

Reaction score
My camera just came in, not sure if I'll have anytime today to try things out though
Nice! Finally got mine working. Used 12v off the rear wiper, and 3 wires off the original camera harness (everything except the oem camera 6v from the harness)

OP
OP
L

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Nice! Finally got mine working. Used 12v off the rear wiper, and 3 wires off the original camera harness (everything except the oem camera 6v from the harness)
Did you happen to take a picture of your wiring to the harness? Turns out my morning is free so I'm going to try the wiring. (Or which color is which)

Any pics of the power wire you used off the rear wiper?

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Did you happen to take a picture of your wiring to the harness? Turns out my morning is free so I'm going to try the wiring. (Or which color is which)

Any pics of the power wire you used off the rear wiper?

Sure let me get that info. Did your camera look similar to mine?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance you have a better quality at night? The factory one sucks at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401