07 Yukon - Aftermarket Replacement of OEM Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Yes, signal wise it will be the same going to the headunit. Just pull 12v power for the camera.
So would this work:

Clip the wire harness from the stock camera.
Wire an RCA to the harness to connect video.
Connect the ground from the wiring harness to the ground of the camera
Cut the 6V power wire from the harness and remove
Add 12V power from camera to tail lights?

OP
OP
L

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Most of those cameras are all the same quality, and its unlikely youll be impressed by any other than the OEM. Youll still be limited in picture by the ****** resolution of the OEM nav screen.
I'm ok with that, I just refuse to pay $150+ for the OEM camera. $25 or so dollars for similar quality is fine by me

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Yes you could clip the factory wires at the connector and wire in your backup cam & just provide 12v power & ground to the camera.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Got an aftermarket camera coming to replace my dead stock one, will try this in a couple days

OP
OP
L

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Got an aftermarket camera coming to replace my dead stock one, will try this in a couple days
Definitely tell us how it goes! I'll likely be tackling this is the next two to three weeks

What year and model do you have? I believe the harness changed a little after 08

Ledesordre

Reaction score
So using the original post, the back up cam module under the passenger seat is no longer being used, is that correct?

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lost in the thread’s side roads. Your early question of overthinking is correct. It’s a booger to get to it but I have same truck I got my camera from amazon. Once the panel is off find the connection and order that. Mine was $10 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42