07 Tahoe Ltz, p0449 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mussin

Reaction score
Getting the p0449 code. Car runs fine I'd just like to use the remote start. Evaporate canister, I've found quite a few articles on here about it with different part numbers?

What exact ally do I need? I've never had the check gas cap light come on.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with any evap system diagnotstic codes the gas cap isnt always the culprit it is the first thing you should replace since its the cheapest and the charcoal canister is the last thing you should replace since they are expenisve and are designed to last the life of the veehicle and ive never seen one get contaminated from someone topping off there tank

p0449 the is the purge solenoid its on top of the TB

Reester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
P0449 indicates a problem with the canister vent solenoid located under the vehicle near the gas tank. CP606 is the carquest equivalent of what you are looking for. Search "P0449" on YT for a great tutorial on diagnosing and replacing this part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mussin

Mussin

Reaction score
Followed the link akbrener posted, worked like a charm. Replaced all 3 things, was like $100 on ebay. Cleared and the light has been off for a couple of weeks now.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the p0449 code. Car runs fine I'd just like to use the remote start. Evaporate canister, I've found quite a few articles on here about it with different part numbers?

What exact ally do I need? I've never had the check gas cap light come on.

Used to get this one a lot and finally replaced the solenoid vent valve. That took care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts