04-06 black border tail lights on 01 tahoe w/ barn doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum and I want to upgrade my taillights on my 01 Tahoe to the 04-06 taillights with the black border but my truck has the barn doors. I was looking at aftermarket black border taillights on eBay and I wanted to know if they would fit without modifications?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need tail lights specific for barn doors. Look at the hinge with your door open and you will see how the bottom of the tail lamp assembly is notched out to allow for the hinge.

OP
OP
stangboy

stangboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I've been looking at places like a1 auto and it doesn't specify barn doors or not. I just want the 04-06 taillights for my truck and I've been looking for about 3 months now. I dont know where I can. Find. Them.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
you just need to look at rear of taillights before buying. like said above, barn door has a notch cut out at bottom for hinge. I have barn doors, so know the hassle. Most Sellers will state- NOT FOR BARN DOORS- if they won't work. otherwise your usually good. Most factory/OEM lights will work on both that I know of.

OP
OP
stangboy

stangboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks, so if it doesn't say anything abt not fitting then I should be in the clear right?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the stock lights should fit barn doors. Its the aftermarket lights that you will have issues with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy