03 Escalade ext cranks then dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Worrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am working on this truck for my sister. when you turn on the key none of the gauges on the dash move, the door unlock/lock buttons don't work. it cranks then immediately dies. checked fuses none are out. She has regular keys but no key fob for it.

Thanks for any help
Don

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not a mechanic, but I always check for the 2 basics--Does it have spark?
Does it have fuel pressure when turning the key?
Have you checked those 2 things yet? Also--do you get the padlock icons on the cluster? If so you have a passkey issue.

OP
OP
D

Don Worrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not a mechanic, but I always check for the 2 basics--Does it have spark?
Does it have fuel pressure when turning the key?
Have you checked those 2 things yet? Also--do you get the padlock icons on the cluster? If so you have a passkey issue.

It actually cranks but just dies right away. getting fire and fuel it seems. the only thing on the dash is the battery icon

OP
OP
D

Don Worrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
auto door locks wont work, auto windows don't work, nothing on dash but battery icon, brake and seatbelt icons. Radio works and a/c system works fine (fan blows and can adjust system with controls)

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you turn the key to the start position and let go of the key so it returns to the run position, does it continue to crank for a few seconds?

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost like it doesn't know it's been unlocked. Know anyone with a spare fob. Quick program worth a shot. Seen weirder things before.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have enough information other than to make guesses. I'd check the positive lead coming off the alternator to the under hood fuse box. It may have been rusty, and work under the hood took it the rest of the way. I'd check all the grounds, too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Could be the theftlock/passkey. Does the double lock icon light up in the dash? Any codes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts