01 suburban tail lights/cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It’s an 00-06 , should be all the info needed. With any led tails the cruise won’t work. So slap in some resistors and all is good in the world. That’s from what I’ve seen for the past 5 years :shrug:

Well, technically, he never said he had LED tails... I mean I guess I could assume that, but you know what assuming does.

I am betting his 3rd brake light may not be functional but I could be wrong.

I still don't understand why the running lights would have any effect on the brake circuit.

In reality there is no reason for them to be connected.

DanDman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these pre wired sockets & resistors?s-l400.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well, technically, he never said he had LED tails... I mean I guess I could assume that, but you know what assuming does.

I am betting his 3rd brake light may not be functional but I could be wrong.

I still don't understand why the running lights would have any effect on the brake circuit.

In reality there is no reason for them to be connected.
Yea I guess I did assume he had led tails lol . I don’t know except to sit and wait for a response lol

OP
OP
SouthernDuke

SouthernDuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delays. I’m still working about 70+ hours a week. Factor in trying to see kids and other assorted chores I barely get 5 hours of sleep as is.

For whatever reason I haven’t swapped the third light out on mine yet. I guess it just never registered to me to make it match. Probably why my cruise control works until my headlights come on. I will look at the wiring diagram when I get off work later.

I ordered resistors the other day. I would expect them to get hot. If I remember correctly there is some room to mount them to the body back behind tail light. If not I will mount it under The body and just tap in at the wiring harness. There will be more than enough airflow then to keep them cool and nothing to melt as well.

FAD4FA8E-A8E0-4DFE-A296-B66CB35B5384.jpeg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sorry for the delays. I’m still working about 70+ hours a week. Factor in trying to see kids and other assorted chores I barely get 5 hours of sleep as is.

For whatever reason I haven’t swapped the third light out on mine yet. I guess it just never registered to me to make it match. Probably why my cruise control works until my headlights come on. I will look at the wiring diagram when I get off work later.

I ordered resistors the other day. I would expect them to get hot. If I remember correctly there is some room to mount them to the body back behind tail light. If not I will mount it under The body and just tap in at the wiring harness. There will be more than enough airflow then to keep them cool and nothing to melt as well.

View attachment 244810
Yep, had those exact same tails and no cruise when lights are on.
Bugs me I can’t find pics of my resistors mounted
Here’s on the wife’s car. Used same method on Tahoe 30F50935-86AC-4DAB-8E7F-D2579EC177D6.jpeg1A988BA6-D7C5-4963-B283-F0D551B6B670.jpeg

Also you don’t have to block your plate buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n